GDT: 2/3/18 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Great defense by the Canucks on that Sergachev rush.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Great defense by the Canucks on that Sergachev rush.

rWWBlAV.gif

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Who would have guessed I would ever say this before this season, but I hope that one day dotchin can turn into a girardi.

Reactions: berlin

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I don't think he ever will. Girardi may have slowed down with age, but he's got much better defensive positioning sense than Dotchin has ever showed.

It's called puck smarts. He's got that bloodhound ability of anticipating where the puck will be and knowing in advance what to do with it. Some players have it, then there is Sustr.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I don't think he ever will. Girardi may have slowed down with age, but he's got much better defensive positioning sense than Dotchin has ever showed.
Well that and his shot blocking is uncanny x-men level, but I believe those two things can be taught. The reason I like koekkoek so much more is he has a higher ceiling. He has the dynamics and intangibles and other affectations of a high caliber nhl player. Dotchin just doesn’t. He reminds me of killorn. They just don’t think/react fast enough to be an elite nhl player. And that can’t be taught.

Reactions: DaBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad