GDT: 2/3/16 - 8:00PM EDT - Detroit VS Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Somewhere Engblom is ******** his pants and throwing a fit. "YOU DON'T TAKE A SHOT AT THE NET FROM YOUR OWN ZONE! YOU FOCUS ON CLEARING IT!"

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Almost 3 minutes of an empty net but we couldn't put it in, oh well, we won and that's all that matters.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Great win. And it's kinda nice to hear this team getting some respect. Heard the announcers saying we had the best third line in hockey. Thats pretty big praise.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Good game from the boys in blue. Is it just me or did Stamkos look invisible tonight. I kept asking myself if he had been on the ice lately, didn't see much of him.

Big two points. MTL lost tonight as well so it was a good night :nod:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What a a game. We had a playoff quality night. Good to get the Wings off our back too. Those 2 losses we had to them at the start of the year were utterly pathetic

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Good game from the boys in blue. Is it just me or did Stamkos look invisible tonight. I kept asking myself if he had been on the ice lately, didn't see much of him.

Big two points. MTL lost tonight as well so it was a good night :nod:

Well the first PP (maybe first two?) his unit was out there for over a minute and we couldn't get anything going. Next couple of PPs we started the second unit and got two PP goals.

Coincidence, I'm sure.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
18-91-90 was pretty well shutdown tonight. 17-9-86 was the best line by a mile.

That's not a bad thing. We at least have two scoring lines now. When one gets shut down, the other is capable of picking up the slack. By year's end, Johnson might be the 1C again. He's been looking more and more dangerous.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That's awesome, and great game to have it happen in as well.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That's not a bad thing. We at least have two scoring lines now. When one gets shut down, the other is capable of picking up the slack. By year's end, Johnson might be the 1C again. He's been looking more and more dangerous.

Break might've done him some good. For the past couple of weeks his speed looked better every game, he just didn't have his shot back yet. Now his wrist shot has that zip again. He's close.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Break might've done him some good. For the past couple of weeks his speed looked better every game, he just didn't have his shot back yet. Now his wrist shot has that zip again. He's close.

The big thing he did last year (that he hadn't done the year before) was handle the puck in traffic. I think that's what took him from a good player to a borderline elite player. We're seeing flashes of that again now too.

In other news, Kucherov is now 5 points up on Stamkos.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The big thing he did last year (that he hadn't done the year before) was handle the puck in traffic. I think that's what took him from a good player to a borderline elite player. We're seeing flashes of that again now too.

In other news, Kucherov is now 5 points up on Stamkos.

Is anyone here really all that shocked?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yay winning. Yay Bishop. Yay Johnson goal. Yay Nikita "Not an All-Star" Kucherov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad