Post-Game Talk: 2/3/14: Hawks beat Kings 5-3, sweep season series

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLarmer28*

I knew you were lurking, hoping to have something to complain about. If you don't want to give Crow any credit after that win, by all means go ahead.

I mean, you'll be wrong, but that hasn't stopped you before.
Keep waving those pom-poms.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Call me crazy, but I'd rather keep focusing on the positives following a win than spending time looking for negatives to complain about.

Nothingman*

Craw was very good. Especially in the 2nd. Would like to see a little more D but on the road in the middle of a long road trip we will take the points and run!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And speaking of looking at the positives, after tonight's win the Hawks have become the first team to score 200 goals this season. 11 goals more than the #2 Anaheim Ducks and a staggering 99 more than the Sabres.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The Royal Half ‏@theroyalhalf 49m

Amazing sight in the 300s at Staples as a fan in a Detroit Red Wings jersey gets into fights with both Blackhawks and Kings fans.

:laugh:

eta:

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 2h

Seriously can't get over how loud it is in there 2nt from Blackhawks fans. Absolutely crazy. I've never seen anything like it in 25 years.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 2h

@beef_target Red Wings fans wish they were this loud in LA. This is easily 3x louder than the most noise they ever made at the stapler.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 9m

Kings exec irate after the game. When Greene was in the box and Leddy scored apparently the clock stopped for six seconds.

Last edited:

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
The Royal Half ‏@theroyalhalf 49m

Amazing sight in the 300s at Staples as a fan in a Detroit Red Wings jersey gets into fights with both Blackhawks and Kings fans.

:laugh:

Damn you I was just about to come here and post this :laugh: did any Hawks fans at Staples Center see this go down tonight? That'd be one sight to see :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Damn you I was just about to come here and post this :laugh: did any Hawks fans at Staples Center see this go down tonight? That'd be one sight to see :laugh:

Sorry to steal your thunder. :laugh:

One of the posters in this forum said something about going to the game tonight so hopefully we can get some info.

Good game and good luck the rest of the season.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yikes.... was it a full blown brawl or more like a shouting match that just turned into a pushing match?

I have no idea, I've only seen that tweet about it, the randomness of it all is hilarious to me, I could understand if the Wings just played in L.A. I'd say it was just some dumb fan who sat in the cheap seats to start trouble.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Crow was solid tonight. The offense was potent for the third time in four games. I'm feeling great, and I'll feel even better if we can nab two points in Anaheim and draw closer to first place.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Sorry to steal your thunder. :laugh:

One of the posters in this forum said something about going to the game tonight so hopefully we can get some info.

Good game and good luck the rest of the season.

Good luck to you guys too! Words can't describe how happy I am we don't have to play the Hawks for the rest of the season, you guys have had our number the past few years.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kane just lost it in the post game interview. Haven't seen him cry like that since Savard was fired. Kudos to him for even seeing the media after the game. He had an amazing game all around.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Was at the game. Didn't see the fight with the Red Wings fan or even catch wind of it. Must have happened at the other end of the arena from me. I was in the far end directly behind Quick's goal.

I pretty much expect to see the cops dragging someone out every time I go to any game in LA, be it Kings, Lakers, or Dodgers, and even going back to Raiders games at the Coliseum. Man, there were some brutal fights there.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let me summarize this game:

1st period: Kame on mission...Difference-maker..Hawks dominate.

2nd period: Hawks repair to Q Country Club for drinks.. Stop competing...worful to watch and only bad luck for Kings and CC making saves to keep Hawks from being buried kept yhem in the game.

For first two periods Hawks stunk on faceoffs.

3RD Period...both yeams trade chances and Hawks play better and pull away with the win.

Kans a."star"..not only for 3 point night (2G +1A) ...but he was on a mission to honour his grandpa who just died..That emotional stimulus will not be thete every game for him...this shows what he can do When He Wants It..6 shots and hunting down the puck amd attacking the net...too bad we saw none of that in all of January.

As for #19. ..sure 2 A but hardly due to anything special he did..like Kane also on for 2 ES goals against but unlikr Kane who had no fault on those, for sure one LA goal..the Toffoli one,was directly Toews's fault for a laclustr attempt woth a weak stick check attempt on Toffoli at the net..He should have body slammed/shoved Toffoli out of that spot..but No..Toews was at his loliggaging soft hal-effort no urgency mode again..and so Toffoli scores. Pitiful.

WORSE for 2nd game in a row Toews.STUNK in the dot..Only 21% this game following 32% last game...NOT only is our #1C not starring for us...his lolliggaging play is costing us...He has not played well in 2014 so far. Just awful from our "leader". Only 6 goals since the end of November. And now his face-offs too start stinking? He needs a big kick in the pamts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad