GDT: 2/29/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Tied for first in division!! But we aren't going to win anything says the fans in the trade deadline thread so this win is pointless. As is the 7 game win streak....

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tied for first in division!! But we aren't going to win anything says the fans in the trade deadline thread so this win is pointless. As is the 7 game win streak....

Well the veiled shot in the dark found its way right to me. Words hurt ya big meanie! :cry: I'm telling my mommy!

PS- I'll go on record that it's not I don't think we're going to win. I just think that when you race to the top of Mount Everest you aren't being very wise when everyone brings oxygen and new climbing gear while hiring the most experienced Sherpas. Meanwhile your camp says, "Don't worry about it guys we got this! We're gonna do the same thing as last year" and you've got one guy that's made it to the top and lived to tell about it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not a beautiful game but it's a win nevertheless. Good to be tied for 1st. A loss by the Panthers and it's official. When was that last time we held 1st place in the Atlantic anyway?

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
leafs fan in peace. Our team sucks. We need a #1 goalie, center and dman, but what did you guys think of our rookies, esp. Kapanen, Nylander and Hymen?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
leafs fan in peace. Our team sucks. We need a #1 goalie, center and dman, but what did you guys think of our rookies, esp. Kapanen, Nylander and Hymen?

I thought they were playing well, they were skating and shooting like they should, they did look a bit overwhelmed at times and made some rookie errors but that’s to be expected when you haven’t gone up against teams with size and speed like they have in the NHL before. I think over time they will get better.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Need more ahl time but they show promise! And when Lou builds enough around them they should be good nhl players. Lou and shanahan are building that program right stacking draft picks is smart.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Kapanen had the best puck control, really drove the play. Hymen had great energy and drove the net hard, reminds me a lot of Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson when he first debuted, hopefully he learns to finish better than him. Nylander was the least impressive out of the 3 but probably because he had the highest expectations.

It'd be interesting if they got Mathews added to that roster though, along with Marner up next year.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Amusing to read the TML PGT ... never seen a fan base so excited to lose a game to a team that barely showed any interest.

Sorry to invade your thread, but you gotta cut us a little slack. After the last few months of watching veteran journeymen get wrecked, it's a lot of fun to watch our kids play instead.

I mean, sure you guys sort of half-heartedly flicked your wrists at us and we buzzed off, but we'll take the small victories. :laugh:

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
Sorry to invade your thread, but you gotta cut us a little slack. After the last few months of watching veteran journeymen get wrecked, it's a lot of fun to watch our kids play instead.

I mean, sure you guys sort of half-heartedly flicked your wrists at us and we buzzed off, but we'll take the small victories. :laugh:

No worries, like others have said Toronto's going to have a good team just don't pull an Edmonton and destroy prospects by putting them in the NHL too soon.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
No worries, like others have said Toronto's going to have a good team just don't pull an Edmonton and destroy prospects by putting them in the NHL too soon.

Most of their top prospects were sent down for more development, this call-up reminds me of how the Lightning brought up Johnson, Palat & crew when the ship was sinking in 2013.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Kananen was the big surprise. He looked really good, I thought. Nylander looks to me like a lot of raw skill, but he'll need some time to adapt, same as everybody. Talent is as advertised though.

I like what the Leafs are doing. They've handled everything really well, including getting some rookies a taste of the NHL now that the pressure is off. It reminds me a lot of what TB did 3 or so years back.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013

I thought Sparks was one of the most impressive on your team. That first Johnson goal he wasn't stopping and the 2nd one was a softie but even Bishop gives those up now and then. We could have been up 5 goals halfway through the 2nd but he kept you guys in it. I say halfway through the 2nd because after that we didn't do ****.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Don't send them back down, they'll take their sticks and go home :sarcasm:

I thought they looked good. Jittery at times but that's to be expected for their first few games but definitely a good group to build with

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
your kids had a lot of speed but we were playing back to backs so not sure if a lot of that was illusion

it takes time some will make it but i liked the speed of the game your teams fight for pucks getting in there on boards etc..

the illusion part is we are imho one of fastest teams in ahl and not sure after back to backs we fully had our gears

yet seemed a pretty fast game and leafs were fighting for it using a lot of speed so that shows promise to me at least

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
your kids had a lot of speed but we were playing back to backs so not sure if a lot of that was illusion

it takes time some will make it but i liked the speed of the game your teams fight for pucks getting in there on boards etc..

the illusion part is we are imho one of fastest teams in ahl and not sure after back to backs we fully had our gears

yet seemed a pretty fast game and leafs were fighting for it using a lot of speed so that shows promise to me at least

Not only back to back but 3rd game in 4 nights.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

The young guys looked pretty good. With the approach of clearing house and going with youth a few years before playoff team. I think leafs should have gotten Drouin but I understand they don't want to pay like everyone else.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Not only back to back but 3rd game in 4 nights.

That's why I cut them some slack. Toronto did a superb job of hemming us in our own end far too often, but it made sense as to why. It was great to see Vasya look sharp again and nice that we got the two points, period.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL your replies. Is it just me or ? Kapanen may be better than Nylander?

Kapenen looks like he has better puck control then nylander right now first game for nylander. It does remind me when I'm 2013 we called up Johnson and palat then sent them back for the ahl playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad