GDT: 2/28/16 - 6:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Kazuichi

Jan 19, 2016
Hot weather south.
Not like this.

I'm still not sold on it, but there's almost no doubt that the old Stamkos is at least in there somewhere. He looks like an entirely different player.

Im confused... so this Stamkos is different than the one who was part of the lightning going to the finals just last year....? Is this new or old Stamkos and how old are we talking?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Im confused... so this Stamkos is different than the one who was part of the lightning going to the finals just last year....? Is this new or old Stamkos and how old are we talking?

The Stamkos who went to the finals last year was a shadow of his former self. The Stamkos we've been seeing for the last two weeks looks like the guy we saw pre-broken leg.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
The Stamkos who went to the finals last year was a shadow of his former self. The Stamkos we've been seeing for the last two weeks looks like the guy we saw pre-broken leg.

Stamkos wants to stay on this team and he is proving it every night now.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

I wouldn't go that far. He's playing better, but he's nowhere near where he was in the same season he broke his leg.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I don't mean that mythical 17 game stretch. I just mean, in general, he looks like his old self.

Those games to start the year...up until December when he broke his leg - that wasn't Stamkos. That was some super hero shtuff right there. It was like Batman / Flash / Iron Man / Thor all combined into one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad