GDT: 2/27/14 "Back From The USSR With Anger" - Capitals VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Well the top two consist of a center and a RHD.

I like Ekblad, but I'm sure he'll have the same struggles like Guds if he comes here.

Sucks that I'm already negative about the draft.

I just don't trust anything the club does these days -- hell I can't even be comfortable with them making high pick selections. I realize Huberdeau is in his 2nd season, but wow, as ATF said -- this is beyond a slump, this is a completely different player from last season. He can't even make a clean pass out there. Something is very wrong there. Then there is Gudbranson, he wasn't helped by who he has played with here so far, or that he was in the NHL too soon (which I believe he was). The agony continues. There are two 3rd overall picks that are now being questioned. Not trying to fear monger, but how devastating to this franchise will it be if neither of those pan out?

I can't even bare the mere thought.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
12 minutes of ice time for Huberdeau.

Not sure if problem is between the ears or somewhere below the neck... or both... but it's a problem that IMO can no longer be attributed to a sophomore slump.

He is simply a shadow of the player he was last season... and we aren't even seeing glimpses of the ability that got us so excited last year.

:help:

He had that one pretty good rush that ended with a wrap-around attempt.

Other than that, he's looked pretty similar to how he has most of the season thus far.

I'm still not sure why he isn't getting PP time, that's where he is most effective in my opinion.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ekblad looks pretty decent. But, that Reinhart kid can really fly and it showed in the world juniors. He's Howden fast, but with better offensive skills. Reinhart already has 97 friggin' goals in 191 WHL games. He's 6'1" and 185, decent size. Most importantly he's a RIGHT shot. He could be an sweet winger for Barkov after another year of junior hockey. Barkov and Reinhart on a 2-on-1. A lefty passing to a right and he cranks it. Ovechkin (R) to Laich (L) last night and he blew it by Thomas. No goalie saves that puck. When have we had a 2-on-1 threat with a lefty and righty who were counted on to score. Don't even remember.

If he can convert to wing, then I want him over Ekblad.

I just don't trust anything the club does these days -- hell I can't even be comfortable with them making high pick selections. I realize Huberdeau is in his 2nd season, but wow, as ATF said -- this is beyond a slump, this is a completely different player from last season. He can't even make a clean pass out there. Something is very wrong there. Then there is Gudbranson, he wasn't helped by who he has played with here so far, or that he was in the NHL too soon (which I believe he was). The agony continues. There are two 3rd overall picks that are now being questioned. Not trying to fear monger, but how devastating to this franchise will it be if neither of those pan out?

I can't even bare the mere thought.

It's depressing.

I'm just going to forget this season ever happened to Huberdeau and pretend he was out for the year on IR. He really should be sent to the AHL/scratched.
Guds IMO will take a long path to improve with Jovo as his partner. They don't gel well, and both are on the slow side. As soon as we see Olsen paired with him, IMO he should gain more confidence and therefore help him improve.

I get having the captain on the ice, andI do enjoy him yelling at opposing players/refs :help: but he shouldn't be paired with Guds anymore.

Trade Weaver and have:
Campbell-Kulikov
Olsen-Guds
Jovo-Gilbert.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
He had that one pretty good rush that ended with a wrap-around attempt.

Other than that, he's looked pretty similar to how he has most of the season thus far.

I'm still not sure why he isn't getting PP time, that's where he is most effective in my opinion.

Huby not getting pp ice time because he is not earning it. I thought with the Oly break it would give him a chance to clear his mind and maybe get some strength training in and now with Barkov out come back ready to go but he looked totally the same as before last night.

He just lacks strength in everything he does. He literally has to be on a break away to have any chance to score. No shots come from him farther than 5 feet from the net. I think even he understands his shot is weak.

Horachek is no dummy. He is trying to have a keep this job for next year and wants badly to win games and he obviously feels that Huberdeau is not one of the better players to have on the ice to get him wins so what does this say?

Huby has to improve these last games because we are really screwed if we cannot count on him for at least 20 goals next year playing on of the top 2 lines. He was not drafted to be anything else but a scorer.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Huby not getting pp ice time because he is not earning it. I thought with the Oly break it would give him a chance to clear his mind and maybe get some strength training in and now with Barkov out come back ready to go but he looked totally the same as before last night.

He just lacks strength in everything he does. He literally has to be on a break away to have any chance to score. No shots come from him farther than 5 feet from the net. I think even he understands his shot is weak.

Horachek is no dummy. He is trying to have a keep this job for next year and wants badly to win games and he obviously feels that Huberdeau is not one of the better players to have on the ice to get him wins so what does this say?

Huby has to improve these last games because we are really screwed if we cannot count on him for at least 20 goals next year playing on of the top 2 lines. He was not drafted to be anything else but a scorer.
He's not earning it and Jovo is? :help:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
jovo realllllly sucked last night but as far as the pp goes at least he has a solid 1-timer.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Horachuk talks about accountability. Well Jovo needs to be accountable as well. He was by far the worst player on the ice, again.

Don't care he wears C, in fact maybe thats a good example to set.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Horachuk talks about accountability. Well Jovo needs to be accountable as well. He was by far the worst player on the ice, again.

Don't care he wears C, in fact maybe thats a good example to set.
I was at the game, and I agree with you with one qualification. Jovo AND Huberdeau were the worst players on ice, again.

The only thing that was great was Timmy's save at 4-4. Loved the fact that they showed the replay multiple times. Reminded me of Eddie the Eagle doing the dive in front of the refs, and the replays. Classic.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Jovo is like a turret out there. Stands still and just spins in a around waiving his stick.

He's not a NHL caliber player anymore

What makes it even worse is that everytime Guds has to play with him you can see him regressing. Guds loses all confidence and starts to make mistakes too because he never knows where Brainfart will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad