GDT: 2/26/23 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
How about because they know they laid a stinker. I mean, if they already identified it before the end of the game?

It’s time to stop massaging egos and start managing expectations
Coop’s always making sure the team never gets too high after wins or too low after losses. Happened last night when they won but played a stinker against Detroit. That was the right time to say “hey it happens, let’s move on.” Tonight’s the right time to change course and make a point

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How about because they know they laid a stinker. I mean, if they already identified it before the end of the game?

It’s time to stop massaging egos and start managing expectations
I haven't really come across a coaching book that recommends turning the hair dryer on after a bad game.

If the guys don't care, yes.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Coop’s always making sure the team never gets too high after wins or too low after losses. Happened last night when they won but played a stinker against Detroit. That was the right time to say “hey it happens, let’s move on.” Tonight’s the right time to change course and make a point
It depends on the room, but if TB were celebrating last night as a win (outside Vasy saving them), then that would be a problem.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It depends on the room, but if TB were celebrating last night as a win (outside Vasy saving them), then that would be a problem.
From the post game comments they pretty much echoed what Coop had said that if not for Vasy, it would have been a different result. And Coop usually has a pretty good pulse on how the team is and what it needs.

Disappointing that guys recognized and said they needed to make up for that performance today and instead they were worse.

Engblom and Randorf brought up during the game that this time of year is tough on guys because of the uncertainty of the trade deadline. I do wonder if that effected them at all with the public news that Jeannot is in JBB’s crosshairs.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
From the post game comments they pretty much echoed what Coop had said that if not for Vasy, it would have been a different result. And Coop usually has a pretty good pulse on how the team is and what it needs.

Disappointing that guys recognized and said they needed to make up for that performance today and instead they were worse.

Engblom and Randorf brought up during the game that this time of year is tough on guys because of the uncertainty of the trade deadline. I do wonder if that effected them at all with the public news that Jeannot is in JBB’s crosshairs.
Winning when you probably shouldn't is a tough situation.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I was kind of wondering from the other side of things, watching Boston and Toronto load up, I wonder if it deflates them a bit. We went through a similar thing around this time last year though, maybe a little later. In fact, there was a Pens game that made us look like a lottery team last year too...

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Missed this one, I know right, but I am not suprised a Jan Rutta team destroyed the bolts.

I mean... what ?

The home game against this mob is all I care about tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00