GDT: 2/26/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I think they are being very hard on the devils penelty-vice. This is one time when not having a good PP keeps the game fair since all of our goals have come at even strenght.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We've had one penelty and that was Stammer's in the 1st which turned out to mostly be a 4-on-4 anyway. Compared to NJD's 7 penelties...though that's like 6 powerplays where we haven't scored so it's not good for us.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Strong play by Vladdy. Hopefully he and JAM can find something working soon and we can get some goals between them.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Awesome game, much better than I thought it would be. And great job by Bish, he made some great saves and I'm glad he got another shutout, his 13th with Tampa.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Good game Bolts. Glad Bish got the shutout he deserves it.

Praying Hedman is okay, he came back and played a shift then left the game, could be because the game only had about 6 minutes left so they didn't need him and let it was a precautionary thing

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Nights like this make me really dislike people that blame Ben for goals he gives up or the occasional bad game. Devils came out and had a few chances to grab a goal early on and Ben did his job. They also had a few open nets and Ben made a couple tremendous saves.

Big win to put another 2 points in between us and them. Also, getting closer to Florida.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Hope we look back in about seven weeks' time and view tonight's game as the one that effectively sealed a playoff spot.

Systematic road destruction, putting the Lightning seven points clear of the playoff cut-off. Really outstanding performance all-around.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
With Boston also winning tonight it was also important to get these 2 points and the game on Sunday will be a really important one.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I agree with this...

Just the fact that they didn't try and sleep on a 1 goal lead was awesome and I felt that everyone was working hard tonight which is what you want to see.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That was truly the best game I've seen any team play this season at least offensively, your passing was out of this world good. If you guys keep that up I wouldn't be shocked at a Finals rematch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Second straight workman like effort. We never let things get out of control. Team is looking pretty good right now. Stamkos looking like Stamkos makes all the difference in the world.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hey, I'll glad take it. If it means we get to watch an elite player on a nightly basis, I'm all for eating crow.

Exactly, just because some people call a spade a spade doesn't mean they hate him, we WANT him to play like this, but I'm not going to make excuses for him when he plays like ****.

All this proves is that the whole "well he plays with Killorn & Callahan, how do you expect him to produce" was just another pathetic excuse, the guy can do it if his heads on right.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00