GDT: 2/25/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Los Angeles vs Tampa Bay

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Is it just me or have we been facing a lot more backup goalies than normal this year?

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
So was Vasy trying something different tonight with his puck handling? I don't watch this stuff close enough to really know, but felt like he was spending a lot more time out of the net trying to set up the offense than he usually does -- and then he had that flub.

I remember after he set the shutout record, in the postgame interview he was responding to a question about what he had picked up from Ben Bishop, and he started to say something about learning how to play the puck from Bish, but then stopped himself and moved on to a different question. Putting these two pieces together, it seems like it's a piece of Bish's game that he's _trying_ to incorporate into his own, but it's very much a work in progress.

In truth, if he wants to try some new stuff out in real games, then right now this is the perfect time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So was Vasy trying something different tonight with his puck handling? I don't watch this stuff close enough to really know, but felt like he was spending a lot more time out of the net trying to set up the offense than he usually does -- and then he had that flub.

I remember after he set the shutout record, in the postgame interview he was responding to a question about what he had picked up from Ben Bishop, and he started to say something about learning how to play the puck from Bish, but then stopped himself and moved on to a different question. Putting these two pieces together, it seems like it's a piece of Bish's game that he's _trying_ to incorporate into his own, but it's very much a work in progress.

In truth, if he wants to try some new stuff out in real games, then right now this is the perfect time.

I think we toyed with the Kings a bit, tried to get away with a lot, and that extends to Vasy. It almost blew up in our face, but it didn't.

Point scored a goal and still didn't have a great game.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Why? I cant watch, so I gotta get the deets here
Other people already covered it but I felt like he was going way out of his way to like counter Rick with "Us too guys look we did a good thing" any time Rick talked about Tampa. It was embarrassing.

Last edited:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think another contributing factor to the underwhelming performance last night was the irregular schedule.

Teams get so into the groove of Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday, repeat. We just went from Thursday to Monday - I'm sure that will mess with routine. Similar to how teams coming off a bye week always suck.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think another contributing factor to the underwhelming performance last night was the irregular schedule.

Teams get so into the groove of Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday, repeat. We just went from Thursday to Monday - I'm sure that will mess with routine. Similar to how teams coming off a bye week always suck.

I think it was more we scored two goals and coasted. We always do that. Even so, we hit 5-7 points. The game was a couple of inches from being a blowout while we floated around doing nothing. I'll take that kind of win, this time of year, any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad