GDT: 2/23/24 Jets @ Hawks 7:30pm NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I understand if you want a responsible player on at the start of OT to try and win the faceoff but then go possess the puck behind the net and make a change and get Bedard on once you have it. Or start Dickinson OR Foligno with Bedard and Jones. I honestly don't understand it at all.

Reactions: Pez68

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Conecon...LR a genius...Hawksxakready miffed the Celebrini points by getting 1 nasty point to climb closer to SJ...so obviously coukd not afford to gain 2 points..So KR keeps Bedard o the Benxh to start the phoney game in the 3x3. AND of course we lose in 25 seconds...Brilliant strategy to limit the standibgs damage tonight.
Of course Celebrini getsx2g 2a tonight and we will not get him anyway...but LR gootaxtry to give us best %odds i lotto with dead last place ore-lotto. So you gotta do what you gotta do...even if it does not pay off in the end.

Right?

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I understand if you want a responsible player on at the start of OT to try and win the faceoff but then go possess the puck behind the net and make a change and get Bedard on once you have it. Or start Dickinson OR Foligno with Bedard and Jones. I honestly don't understand it at all.
He's just not a good coach. He doesn't have much to work with but he does dumbass shit like this all the time.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Someone needs to ask dipshit postgame “just wondering what the strategy was there with Bedard not being out there for the OT??”

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I mean in general I thought Kurashev was really bad tonight and Bedard wasn't really much better. Korchinski was terrible.

Overall shit game for the squad even though they actually played pretty well.

Reactions: Fortyfives

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Richardson should be fired after this game. Starts dicksinon and Foligno and doesn’t get them off the ice after won face off to get Bedard on. Foligno loses them the game.

Fire Richardson immediately

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually 3x3 is a phony skilk game..but truly Bedardxstunk tonight for all but 2 shoftsvi the latec3rd period...On merit ,he should have been benched in OT as a lesson ...you know.. to show up for thischanecespecialky at home. HE failed to show up tonight. So he did not Deserve to start in OT...
Look Ehlers and Connorcarec2 big stars forcWOG and they showed up fortheir team. To beat a goalie.. Our kinecstar ,Bedard did not..You could call that a big reason why they won and we lost.

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
Completely agree with the sentiment here. This is not the start of a game (Gretzky rarely started). It's the start of a 3-on-3 overtime. Whether CB had a great game or not (and he didn't), you put your leading point getter on the starting blocks. Or at least as Tleh said, you win the draw and get him on. For God's sake he's the leading point-getter despite missing 14 games. Do you have to be Albert Einstein to figure this out? Luke R is getting too many passes because his team is AHL material. That doesn't mean you sit your best player at the start of a 3-on-3 overtime. It's just maddeningly stupid.

I almost went to this game. If our best player doesn't get a point that's part of the game, but if he doesn't get ice time in an OT, I'd be at coach's home asking for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig