GDT: 2/23/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
It’s probably pretty hard for an nhl team to get motivated to play the sabres in February on a Thursday night.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Really bad defending on our part. Can't say anything else. Maybe @JoVel will finally concede the Sabres are going to be good. We looked to be going through the motions until Point scored the 4th one. Not sure what is up between Vasy and the defense but there's a funk on really basic 101 type goals we are giving up.

Getting a defenseman at the TDL isn't going to solve the issue either tbh. It rarely does. I feel like we are just playing too loose defensively, forwards feel bothered to get back...

Powerplay failed us at the end. Oh well.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Really bad defending on our part. Can't say anything else. Maybe @JoVel will finally concede the Sabres are going to be good. We looked to be going through the motions until Point scored the 4th one. Not sure what is up between Vasy and the defense but there's a funk on really basic 101 type goals we are giving up.

Getting a defenseman at the TDL isn't going to solve the issue either tbh. It rarely does. I feel like we are just playing too loose defensively, forwards feel bothered to get back...

Powerplay failed us at the end. Oh well.
They are definitely playing too loose, but they know how to tighten up when it matters.
Its been this way for years, Tampa only gets up for teams they think deserve it. I don't like it but thats just the way they are.

On a side note, the main GDT has turned into a sabres therapy session.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
No they aren't.
Sure are based on percentage unless you think the season will end with Buffalo having played five less than the Islanders. LOL.

BTW... Overtime goal was a penalty easy but TB should have had 5 minute penalty kill on elbow to Okposo. Maybe TB fans can figure out NHL officiating. I cannot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 11.49.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 11.49.34 PM.png
    273 KB · Views: 2

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Sure are based on percentage unless you think the season will end with Buffalo having played five less than the Islanders. LOL.

BTW... Overtime goal was a penalty easy but TB should have had 5 minute penalty kill on elbow to Okposo. Maybe TB fans can figure out NHL officiating. I cannot.
All I have to say is don't count your chickens before they hatch.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
All I have to say is don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Nobody should. Percentage means you get some of the points. Sabres have a tough sked for sure. Happy TB got the point, though. Any true Buffalo fan hates Leafs above all other teams. Just beat them in the first right. I'm begging.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

If Buffalo knew how to win when they needed it, they wouldn't have missed the playoffs for 11 years on going.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Embarrassing defensive effort. Can't even blame Vasy with six goals given up. It's like they tried their hardest to lose but Buffalo is too bad of a team to just win an easy one. If I was Vasy I would make a couple of our defensemen eat a piece of a goalie stick.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Embarrassing defensive effort. Can't even blame Vasy with six goals given up. It's like they tried their hardest to lose but Buffalo is too bad of a team to just win an easy one. If I was Vasy I would make a couple of our defensemen eat a piece of a goalie stick.

I can. He had a terrible night. Yes there were defensive breakdowns, but Vasy bailed out the defense zero times. He stopped zero breakaways.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

don't be weird dude go back to our forum

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I can. He had a terrible night. Yes there were defensive breakdowns, but Vasy bailed out the defense zero times. He stopped zero breakaways.
Eh, when you give breakaways to a scoring machine like Thompson, he's going to bury them. Maybe he should've had the winner but again, Lyubushkin had no business getting a breakaway.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Eh, when you give breakaways to a scoring machine like Thompson, he's going to bury them. Maybe he should've had the winner but again, Lyubushkin had no business getting a breakaway.

Vasy and the defense were both atrocious last night. You don't expect your G to stop every breakaway, but when they stop none of the 4, there's a problem. The fact that the defense was just as bad doesn't help(especially Cernak and Cole, but several of the F as well). Out of the 6 goals allowed, Vasy should've had at least 2 or 3 of them, given his usual and expected level of play.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think you can blame him a little bit. Not letting the D off the hook. But the D being bad doesn't mean Vasy was good. Plenty of blame to go around in that one.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vasy and the defense were both atrocious last night. You don't expect your G to stop every breakaway, but when they stop none of the 4, there's a problem. The fact that the defense was just as bad doesn't help(especially Cernak and Cole, but several of the F as well). Out of the 6 goals allowed, Vasy should've had at least 2 or 3 of them, given his usual and expected level of play.
That one he let through his 5 hole to make it 4-2 was awful

Reactions: JTBF81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad