GDT: 2/23/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Arizona VS Tampa Bay

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
This 3rd string goalie is playing really well. Not even the saves. He's not giving anything up whatsoever. Keeping the play completely under control.

Kind of makes you wonder if it's just a Lightning/backup kind of thing. I mean, the guy backs up Lindback. He can't be this good all the time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kind of makes you wonder if it's just a Lightning/backup kind of thing. I mean, the guy backs up Lindback. He can't be this good all the time.

Hard to say if the Yotes wanted to compete "for real" until they found themselves unexpectedly in the race. There's no reason to acquire Lindback in the first place.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tampa is doing that thjing again when they are trying to hold on for dear life and forcing Bish/Vasy to save their behinds. Need to work on that mentality even if it works this time as well because it won't always.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tampa is doing that thjing again when they are trying to hold on for dear life and forcing Bish/Vasy to save their behinds. Need to work on that mentality even if it works this time as well because it won't always.

Every team in the league does this when holding onto leads. Ever notice how, when we're behind, we tend to put a lot of pressure on? It's because teams go into defensive shells to protect leads.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We win, but it was way closer than I felt comfortable with, but they held on and that's good, risky but good.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Not talking about Vasy. Can't spell the other kid's name. But he gloves everything. Barely uses his pads.

Ohhh, sorry man. Yeah, Domingue isn't bad on rebound control, I owned him in a dynasty league at one point, a while back. He was doing very well until recently but what I remember from watching some Yotes games earlier in the season was that his reb control was erratic, depending on the game. Good and then it'd suddenly be below average. Pretty clearly more of a focus issue.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even with the late game sweat, that was one of the easiest wins of the year.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
And with Detroit winning as well it made these 2 points even more important.

Yzlamic Preacher*

GG Arizona, GG. Domingue is going to be a smart and good goalie.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
Not talking about Vasy. Can't spell the other kid's name. But he gloves everything. Barely uses his pads.
Domingue is inconsistent, but really good when he is on. He had a pretty fair stretch of like .950+ save percentage I think. But he also had a fair stretch of like 4-5 GAA, and like 2 out of 3 games where he let in a goal from center ice. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad