GDT: 2/23/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Arizona VS Tampa Bay

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
yeah they had few solid scoring chances, with no real threat or momentum to speak of.

We mostly did a very good job of neutralizing their speed guys in the N.Z. That's what they usually score/get good chances off of. Duclair most specifically but Domi is fast too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ohhh, sorry man. Yeah, Domingue isn't bad on rebound control, I owned him in a dynasty league at one point, a while back. He was doing very well until recently but what I remember from watching some Yotes games earlier in the season was that his reb control was erratic, depending on the game. Good and then it'd suddenly be below average. Pretty clearly more of a focus issue.

Domingue is inconsistent, but really good when he is on. He had a pretty fair stretch of like .950+ save percentage I think. But he also had a fair stretch of like 4-5 GAA, and like 2 out of 3 games where he let in a goal from center ice. :laugh:

That explains why we were shooting so much. Likely trying to make him make a mistake. Good on him to adjust. We were pretty obviously trying to make him give up rebounds, and he just scooped up everything low with his glove.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No points for Hedman, but he was a beast again. Him or Stamkos was our best player, I thought. Good times when that happens.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We at least put a game between ourselves and Boston. Huge game coming Sunday.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If only Garrison hadn't been hurt, maybe 19-3 or so?

At least 17-5. Carle cost us a game that he might not even have been playing if Garrison had been healthy.

Either way, we're getting Ws. Sole possession of second in the Atlantic now, tied for most wins. Florida and their loser points. Not as bad as Detroit, but just as frustrating. ;)

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I'm guessing Garrison will be able to come back sooner than expected, and perhaps Yzerman sits tight as a result. Not sure Schultz is worth trading anything substantial for, his numbers have gotten worse every year.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
His dad was there so he had a good game. :)

I'm still a believer long term because of games like this.

I also believe in Vasi but right now Bish is by far the better of them, I know some talked about replacing Bish next season with Vasi, there is no chance we would that, Bish is a top 10 goalie in the league and it feels like the team is more confident with him in general.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I also believe in Vasi but right now Bish is by far the better of them, I know some talked about replacing Bish next season with Vasi, there is no chance we would that, Bish is a top 10 goalie in the league and it feels like the team is more confident with him in general.

Well the people who wanted Vasi to be a starter this early were pretty stupid. Young goalies don't do well in this league if they're not named Patrick Roy.

Bish is our #1 now and for the near future. But Vasi has a lot of promise.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like they changed the assists on Stamkos goal to Cally isnstead of Sustr. I did think that Cally touched the puck last night but I wasn't sure but guess I was right.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Also I expect apologies to Vasi from every one of you doubters.

Always loved Vasya but he needs to be the #1 in Syracuse. The more games he gets in a shorter amount of time the better his form is. Compare him from the start of the season when he maybe played once every two weeks to this half of the season when he's getting a game or so a week it seems.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Always loved Vasya but he needs to be the #1 in Syracuse. The more games he gets in a shorter amount of time the better his form is. Compare him from the start of the season when he maybe played once every two weeks to this half of the season when he's getting a game or so a week it seems.

Yeah, Vasy has said himself it's difficult when he's not getting starts. I like how we're swapping him in and out. Wouldn't mind getting Guds a game or two in the NHL this year either. He's played well for us when called upon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad