GDT: 2/23/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Hahaha I love it too. Remember when people were tripping out when Astrophobia kept posting this?

I was one of the ones asking about its significance at first.. Still don't see the big deal.. Why do you people love it so much? How is it better than any other song

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Really liked the overall team play tonight....finally saw a decent game from MAB and all together an okay game by Lee. There's a reason they're the bottom pairing but it's over and on to the Pens!

As for the goaltending, have to honestly admit that I feel much better with Garon in net than Lindback right now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I was one of the ones asking about its significance at first.. Still don't see the big deal.. Why do you people love it so much? How is it better than any other song

To people who played the games, especially in their childhood, it has significance.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

I am a big Final Fantasy fan. Have played and beat all of them over the years and it has become ingrained in my life that at certain moments that song will play in my head. It just so happens that after a win it is one of those times and I felt like sharing.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I am a big Final Fantasy fan. Have played and beat all of them over the years and it has become ingrained in my life that at certain moments that song will play in my head. It just so happens that after a win it is one of those times and I felt like sharing.

What about 11 and 14?

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
It kind of looked like Panik meant to flip it over to himself? Any thoughts??

Great goal though, we was not going to be denied.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Really liked the overall team play tonight....finally saw a decent game from MAB and all together an okay game by Lee. There's a reason they're the bottom pairing but it's over and on to the Pens!

As for the goaltending, have to honestly admit that I feel much better with Garon in net than Lindback right now.

I think they should stick with Garon too, I really liked how they played tonight with him in net.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Had a great time at the game tonight, and saw the Lightning fans out in numbers tonight! For the record, TB is 3-0 in away games I attend...so, you know, if anyone wants to send me on vacation...no NJ, NYI, or Philly games. Newark, Long Island, and Philly are not vacation destinations. My 2c on the game tonight from section 331:

-Garon: Garon played very well, as he did last game against Carolina. He has played outstanding in both games, with some incredible streching saves. If he played like that every game, he could be a starter anywhere. Worthy of the #1 star.

-Panik: Great to see Panik getting his 1st NHL goal. It was a great play, and I couldn't believe he buried it with the move he made. I saved my ticket stub, so when he turns into the next Gretzky, I can say "remember when..." :sarcasm: . Killorn looked great too, but Panik stole the show for me.

-Pouliot: Awesome...love his effort. I love seeing MVP v2.

-Purcell: I saw Purcell floating around a number of times, doing that Malone-esque "stand along the boards and wait for the puck," as opposed to forechecking or making a play to get the puck. I know he has the potential to be good, but man that guy floats sometimes.

-#89: Conacher is a dream forechecker. He just does so much when he's on the ice, and how the entire league passed on this kid is beyond me. It's really great to see how well he and Stamkos gel...just imagine if Purcell would stop the half-ass!

-MAB-Lee: MAB's goal made me laugh. Just goes to show good things happen when you put the puck on goal. Lee turned in a good performance tonight. He had one bad play where he iced the puck.

-1st CAR goal: Bowman's goal happened in my end, and I applauded it. Holy **** was that a nice goal! Laser.

-2nd CAR goal: I challenge anyone thinking it was Lee's fault to watch it again, and see how far MAB was in the zone (almost to the goal line) when the breakout started. 4on4, you CANNOT move that far down! Lee played the 2on1 well enough, despite the fact the defender should take pass, goalie takes shot. However, when you see a player commit to a shot, a goalie is not going to be disappointed when the defender tries to make the play...if he deflects that puck into the corner, it's an amazing play. He received no help, and MAB is way more to blame than Lee. Those things happen 4on4 though.

All in all, great time at the game tonight. $1 hot dogs always nice too!

Last edited:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011

I like that it matches my mood after we win. Very upbeat plus what FP said.

It kind of looked like Panik meant to flip it over to himself? Any thoughts??

Great goal though, we was not going to be denied.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional. He saw it the whole way and knew what he was doing. Fantastic goal.

I think they should stick with Garon too, I really liked how they played tonight with him in net.

Let's not forget how bad he was in the last 2 games he played. Both goalies have their good and bad.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
To people who played the games, especially in their childhood, it has significance.

Fair enough.. It is the song that plays after you win a battle. I get that, i have played several FF games; I just do not see the connection to hockey..

I am not saying it should not be played, it is fine. I am just saying it does not do anything for me personally

Edit: for some reason I thought it was the same song looped (I mean the same iteration).. I think I may have called it a loop at some point, and I was wrong about that

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Boom. What you gonna do? :sarcasm:

but more seriously, it's not about connection to hockey as it's a connection to victory.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Very impressed with how MSL played tonight. Worked on every shift, shooting, setting people up, getting in for rebounds. We need him to play like this every night.

His drop passes to the trailing D-man are VERY effective when he's actually looking, he created a ton of chances to night, guy was digging in the corner for pucks all day. great game by St.louis. He knew Conacher was getting a little too much love ;)

HedsUp77Up

Feb 19, 2013
Had a great time at the game tonight, and saw the Lightning fans out in numbers tonight!
No kidding! I saw four or five Bolts fans before even getting into the arena. We had a whole row of Lightning fans going on in section 115 between my group and IdealisticSniper's group.
Awesome game!

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Why not have Mishkin's screams when goals are scored at home games broadcast over the PA? Or is that too much?

Seriously guys, play whatever the hell you want, I do not care. It just does not have the same effect on me. I admit though, after listening to Yogscast/watching their videos, I do hear the FF victory song sometimes too. I am a Yogscast/Roosterteeth addict.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad