GDT: 2/20 Game 59: Texas Showdown - BRUINS at Dallas 8 PM NESN, NHL-US, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CbqYp8GWIAAZDiB.jpg:large

The Disney Death March ends in Dallas - this will be a tough game.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1455973955000

Dallas_2012_TV_series_title_card.png

Tonight's Officials
Referees Francois St. Laurent (38), Jean Hebert (15)
Linesmen Darren Gibbs (66), Pierre Racicot (65)

Ntl. Anthem Celena Rae

Seguin has tallied 10 points (4-6=10) over his last seven games and has 12 points (6-6=12) in his last nine

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins visit the Stars tonight in the 2nd of 2 games between these teams this season and their lone visit to American Airlines Center … The Bruins are 31-21-6 overall and are 19-7-3 on the road … They are 4-5-0 vs. Central Division teams and are 7-10-3 vs. Western Conference opponents.

- The Bruins conclude tonight of their longest road trip of the season (3-2-0), a 6-game trek that has seen them play in Winnipeg (6-2 W), Minnesota (4-2 W), Detroit (6-5 L), Columbus (2-1 OTW), Nashville (2-0 L) and Dallas from Feb. 11-20 before they return to home ice on Feb. 22 vs. Columbus.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

- David Krejci is expected to play his 600th NHL game tonight.

- Patrice Bergeron is 2 points short of his 600th NHL point.

- Coach Claude Julien is 5 wins short of tying Art Ross as Boston’s all-time coaching wins leader at 387 regular season victories.

BOSTON vs DALLAS, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Stars are meeting for the 133rd time in their franchise histories (includes Dallas as Minnesota) with the Bruins having a 76-30-23-3 record and 511-351 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 33-19-13-1 in their 66 road games of this lifetime series with a 233-186 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins are 7-4-2 in their last 13 games vs. the Stars, including a 5-3 loss in Boston on Nov. 3 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They have won their last 2 games in Dallas, with their last road loss to the Stars a 4-2 setback on Dec. 31, 2011.

Fun Fact: The Bruins are 10-11-4-3 overall vs. the Stars since they relocated to Dallas in 1993 and they have a 5-6-2-1 record in Dallas over that span … The Stars are the only franchise that the Bruins have never defeated in OT, as Boston has an 0-3-8 lifetime mark vs. Dallas/Minnesota in OT, including an 0-2 shootout record.

MOD Warning Post # 36

Last edited by a moderator:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Fasten your seatbelts folks.....

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Scheduled loss. Make like Taylor Swift and shake it off. Dallas is probably the third most likely team to win tonight according to Vegas, next to Washington and Florida.

I'll be pretty happy tonight if:

1) We don't look like complete idiots out there playing, and "play with heart".
2) We lose by one goal (or two if the last is an ENG)
3) No non-Rinaldo injuries, no non-Rinaldo suspensions. (I don't have a thing against the guy, but I can't cry if we lose him.)

Anything more than this is pure Texas gravy.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Looks like the same pedestrian D for tonight. I thought Clode had adapted but he just keeps reverting to the same slow crap. This would be a perfect game for Morrow and his breakout abilities. :shakehead

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm just extremely disappointed that Claude isn't making the necessary lineup changes. We need to develop our young players into our NHL system. That starts with giving them playing time at the NHL level.

This feels exactly like 2014 where the fourth line was awful and Claude refused to do anything about it. Just ride out Paille-Campbell-Thornton until the bitter end. Ignore the issues. Pretend it's not there. Pretend they'll all resolve. Don't make adjustments.

That is all.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Bruins want any chance at all they best stay out of box.Dallas killed them in Boston on powerplay.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Watch - The Bruins will have a nice win in Dallas and then come home Monday and lay an egg against Columbus at home - at which point I will check into the lovely Hotel McLean in Waverly Square. :help:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Bruins get shelled bad feeling.

I got to go to the Packie before 8:00 bad feeling.

LOL, yeah I'll join you in that 'bad feeling' regard. Probably a night to play poker with the boys and put this on mute in the background until the Canucks games comes on and they ask me to switch to that. By then it could just be a Benn/Seguin point tally game.

At least tonight on HNIC we'll get the second best 2nd intermission rumour roundup. Next weekends will be the best and I'd imagine Sweeney will have made up his mind by then.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Have to think the Stars would be in the market for Eriksson given familiarity and contract situation, even if they'd probably want to address their defense before anything. They have that great top 6 C/LW base, but you'd have to think they'd want to upgrade on Nichushkin/Hemsky on the right side for a playoff run this season. Eriksson is a complementary piece on a line, but he's a much better complementary piece than those guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad