GDT: 2/20/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm not sure what about Carolina gives us such a hard time. Not knocking Carolina, they're obviously a really good team, but the challenges they pose are nothing new. We've beaten similar teams, so I don't know why all of a sudden we don't remember what to do.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I'm not sure what about Carolina gives us such a hard time. Not knocking Carolina, they're obviously a really good team, but the challenges they pose are nothing new. We've beaten similar teams, so I don't know why all of a sudden we don't remember what to do.

Speed and active defense is our weakness at the moment.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This team should never be shutout.

F for effort. Definitely need to get some rhythm.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Randorf mentioned but Tampa has been overusing the half wall pull back the entire season, Point does it alot but it seems everyone does it now as part of our zone entry.

Doesn't work on a good skating team like Carolina, if you lose the puck there like we did 100 times tonight you start the breakout for the other team at their blueline. We haven't really been grinding out pucks deep since the 1st Columbus win.

Reactions: Hoek and DFC

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Seems like Carolina has had our number for a while now. Games like this sucks but with a good team like the Lightning they won't forget it and I'd prefer we don't sleep on a team like Carolina when it matters most. Like how we killed Columbus in the regular season in that year we got swept they were ready for us in the playoffs. Later on that sweep I feel helped us get where we need to be to beat them eventually and win the cup. Maybe with getting beat by the canes now we will be that much more motivated to beat them going forward. Carolina and Florida will definitely be tough to beat in the playoffs though. We definitely need to be way better than we have been to get close to beating them.

Reactions: jstaal

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
More than 0 goals this time please.
ocw5dRnpQ7YprLW7KToOfKBDMEI0_CBO8NIfOqFQjrMUA6o6ukm0eSUQjGPjobTH3s-ggeZ9fwhYV8GBLQMtXw

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If Carolina is not a favorite for the Cup already they should be. You can feel all of the pieces are falling into places roster-wise. And Brind'Amour is arguably the best coach in this league on top of that.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Carolina played an amazing game defensively, this not just a very good team, it's one of the best now, we've got to get used to it. And when Tampa is tempted to being too cute, they'll keep feasting on it.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad