GDT: 2/20/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Certainly take the win especially in a building where they routinely get their teeth kicked in but 9 shots in the last two periods isn’t going to cut in come playoff time.

The one good period played around a couple of dumpster fire periods has got to stop. It’s the same old story with these guys. They’ll get bounced in the first round if this keeps up.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
What a fantastic first period! I know the last 2 weren't as awesome, but we did hold them off in the third. Some solid team defense tonight. Not perfect, but a big improvement.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Great win, but sure makes me nervous how we can't seem to close out games in the third. Vasi let a weak goal in but he still saved our butts in the second and third periods. What were we outshot in the last 2 periods?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Now 12-10 since Jan 1st - amazing 1st and then garbage.

Great win. Not much else to say. 40 shots to what 19? Ugh.

Another ugly win. But hey, we'll take it.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Nice road win but tonight's game confirms once and for all that Bolts are exactly one, top two pair, defensive defenseman away from being one of the favorites for cup. Without one, they're one of six or seven teams with a solid chance, but def not a favorite.

Last edited:

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
It’s a win at Washington. Have to take it and run.

Some good. Plenty of bad.

But 2 very important points. Boston trails the Oilers 1-0 after one.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Still a good night- game 2 of the ecsf with Vinny scoring in ot

I know very well they "won" that game Joe mentions, but that game went to a shootout and, as a general rule of thumb, I don't count shootout results as either wins or losses. They might matter in the standings but they make no difference as far as what happened on the ice that night in team play.

So I stand behind my original comment because I knew very well why I said it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad