GDT: 2/17 | Boston Bruins @ Winnipeg Jets | **6PM ET** | NESN(HD), 98.5 The Sports Hub

remer

Oct 18, 2005
yes, Bourque had a pretty solid game

Well for 15 plus minutes he had 21 shifts and had one shot on net and had an assist.
Not bad. But the third line has been brutal and he is part of the problem.
Chris Bourque will not be on the roster after the trade deadline.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Good road victory.

Very fortunate getting the last second goal in the 2nd period to neutralize the Jets' last min. goal.

Seguin was quite engaged tonight and rewarded with a goal.

Love Marchand's game.

The two Florida teams may be just what the doctor ordered to get the Bruins' offense into high gear.
^Pretty good summary--tonight's game closer than I would have liked. Get some rest back in Boston and then off to FLA...hope everything OK with Milan's family and he's on the road with us come Thursday--'nite all!

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Points are at a premium

755643.jpg

' Dam , we're in a tight spot ' :laugh:

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Wow all six games today played in the league were one-goal games.

Except for Chicago there are no teams that are really blowing anyone out of the water.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Overall, good bounce back win/effort.

Nice to see one finally go in for Seguin. I don't see any way you can question his effort the last few games. I like his agressiveness lately, and he made some big defensive plays on the back check, as well as in the neutral zone.

Marchand has just been on fire this entire season.

Real nice game by Bourque, and I think he has been trending that way. He's not an all-star and I think he will be upgraded, but his improvement illustrates why you wait more than two games before saying the only reason he's on the team is because of his blood lines.

Paille also had one of his better games of the season. That's two games up on the third line this year, and he has played great in both of them.

Much needed two points...let's keep it going against Tampa.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bourque played alright but we still need an upgrade in his spot.

Pretty much.

He isn't horrible, but he doesn't have any chemistry with Kelly and Peverly and that's what he is needed to do.

I just don't think he fits.

Team needs to start skating harder and if they think it is hard to skate now, they forgot to look at the schedule for March where they have a game at least every other day with a butt ton of back to backs.

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
Good game ladies n gents. Pretty much went the way most of us thought it would although it was closer than I imagined.

Good luck the rest of the way B's.

Very fun game, but I'd say it went the way a lot of us thought that it would ... a close game that very nearly went to OT. An inch or two, and a second or two, and that's that.

With that said: It's great to have Winnipeg back in the league. While I'd love to see WPG moved to the Western Conf. (just for the travel conveniences) I'd hate to see the B's not visit the Jets less often.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I think McQuaid has been solid this year. Don't see his name being talked about a lot.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Paille also had one of his better games of the season. That's two games up on the third line this year, and he has played great in both of them.

I think Paille had a great game. If he only had hands, but then we couldn't afford him if he had hands.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I think you have to leave Paille with Kelly and Peverley. They've looked good when they're together, and Paille has been busting his ass to make plays.

Leave Bourque with Krejci if Lucic is out again. Give him a chance to get something going offensively. Then put him on the Merlot line. He'd be fine, IMO, if we weren't looking for points from him, but energy instead.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
In his defense, he had his stick held on that goal and he did pay for it with less ice time.

These kind of games will happen. Especially with a 19 year old rookie. I won't hold it against him. He's been one of our best defensemen all season long.

Hey I was only overreacting and you're right, he did pay for it. Good call!

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
Dougie still hasn't taken a penalty through 13 games.
Seguin was a beast all night, Marchand all season, 1g,+1, gwg and has his 2nd ppg.... oh yea, 5 blocked shots too!

ference continues to make me nervous, Kelly has been off all year and there were some bad misplays by him that stood out to me.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just got back to the hotel.

First off, MTS is unbelievable. What a rocking building for hockey. Great fans too. I want Winnipeg in the playoffs...but would be terrified to play against them.

Second, what a solid game. That goal at the end of the 2nd was vital. Tuukka let up some juicy rebounds tonight...

Chowing down on some Poutine and then catching an early flight back down to Minneapolis tomorrow!

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Feb-17-2013-Bruins-bench-300x200.jpg

Bruins audio from: Coach Julien, Brad Marchand, Tyler Seguin, Zdeno Chara, Daniel Paille and Jay Pandolfo.

To listen click here.

Thanks for the link. Julien is really good with the media....He's always dignified and actually answers questions.

No comparison with the arrogant Belichick.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
His hands are average 3rd line hands. Not much different than Kelly's.

Yes, but with his speed, PKing, forechecking and backchecking if he had good hands he would be an amazing winger-and probably too expensive for the Bruins (shoot he probably would still be in Buffalo).

He gets a lot of opportunities because he works hard and makes himself available. He just can't always finish.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Nice road win.

Back in 1st in the division.

2pts back of Pitt for 1st in conference with THREE games in hands.

All that with only Marshmont, Hamilton and Rask playing at or beyond expectation...

The East is ours to lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2