GDT: 2/17 | Boston Bruins @ Winnipeg Jets | **6PM ET** | NESN(HD), 98.5 The Sports Hub

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Food for thought:

In the Francona book "The Red Sox Years", the front office had a meeting after 2009 because the team wasn't winning in exciting enough fashion. The team then turned its back on finding guys who were a good fit in the market and could grind out at bats while driving up pitch counts for more stars. Those who are bored by Clode's tight checking system and Chia's depth first team building strategy should be careful what they wish for.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Food for thought:

In the Francona book "The Red Sox Years", the front office had a meeting after 2009 because the team wasn't winning in exciting enough fashion. The team then turned its back on finding guys who were a good fit in the market and could grind out at bats while driving up pitch counts for more stars. Those who are bored by Clode's tight checking system and Chia's depth first team building strategy should be careful what they wish for.

See the Washington Capitals for further proof to verify your wise points;)

Remember when they were dynamic and to be feared?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Very very good win.... Love the effort and love the urgency... Pandolfo looked fine... Paille is great on the 3rd line... Bourque looks good...I like him... THe BErgeron line was incredible...Peverley is multi-man and plays well everywhere... Very proud of this great win....

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
The point was made by Edwards last night. Scouts say Bourque has top 6 skills but there hasn't been any top 6 openings on Was,Pitts or Boston. It's been said before if you want to see if someone can succeed then put the player in a position to succeed. Bourque may end up a second line forward with 50 points on a lesser team.

Lol Edwards was just talking Bourque up.

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Very very good win.... Love the effort and love the urgency... Pandolfo looked fine... Paille is great on the 3rd line... Bourque looks good...I like him... THe BErgeron line was incredible...Peverley is multi-man and plays well everywhere... Very proud of this great win....

It's probably been said but Pandolfo looked S----L------O------W.....although to his credit he led the B's in hits last night.

If he can pull a Dave Shaw, (running on fumes but using experienced guile and positional play to make the safe but proper play), as a stop gap measure and with his leadership, (he has 3 finals and 2 Cups under his belt)....well, it could be a huge plus for right now.

That being said, I'd like to see a hired gun acquired at the deadline....ain't no way we're going to win another Cup with a PP suckier than the last one.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
How can Pandolfo lead the team in hits!? This is a problem. Where is the physicality? Seems to me since Thorty got his head beat by Scott, this team looks slugglish and nobody is being intimidating. Heck, Chara got pushed on his butt and looked at the ref. He didn't even try to go hit back.

This team needs its nasty back. What's it gonna take? An old fashion line brawl?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
How can Pandolfo lead the team in hits!? This is a problem. Where is the physicality? Seems to me since Thorty got his head beat by Scott, this team looks slugglish and nobody is being intimidating. Heck, Chara got pushed on his butt and looked at the ref. He didn't even try to go hit back.

This team needs its nasty back. What's it gonna take? An old fashion line brawl?

How could Pandolfo lead the team in hits in Winnipeg? Gee, have no idea how that could happen. :sarcasm:

As for Chara, if someone stuck a stick between my legs and tripped me, I'd be looking for the ref too. Pretty rotten officiating last night, but unsurprising considering who was wearing the stripes.

Bottom line is they won. If they don't register a single hit and win, I couldn't care less. Scoreboard.

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
How could Pandolfo lead the team in hits in Winnipeg? Gee, have no idea how that could happen. :sarcasm:

As for Chara, if someone stuck a stick between my legs and tripped me, I'd be looking for the ref too. Pretty rotten officiating last night, but unsurprising considering who was wearing the stripes.

Bottom line is they won. If they don't register a single hit and win, I couldn't care less. Scoreboard.

Nah, I think he was so slow that the opposition kept on running in to him, I'm surprised he didn't get a lot of interference calls....
:sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
not surprised habs have most chances at it at home,,hahah 47 in 9 games,,holy crap,,,

It's related to the common belief that the best way to play against a small, speedy team is to be very physical and grind them down. That has to be a factor.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
not surprised habs have most chances at it at home,,hahah 47 in 9 games,,holy crap,,,

Said it before and will say it again-there are 3 things that are certain in life.

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. The Habs getting opportune PP in their barn and always within the last few minutes of regulation.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It's related to the common belief that the best way to play against a small, speedy team is to be very physical and grind them down. That has to be a factor.

the habs are not really a small/speedy team like they used to be though. That's a common misconception.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Nah, I think he was so slow that the opposition kept on running in to him, I'm surprised he didn't get a lot of interference calls....
:sarcasm:

On his first shift, Pandolfo looked like he hadn't played in 10 years.

After that he looked fine.

With a lead in the 3rd period, he'd be a very valuable guy to have available.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Isn't that what Horton is?

Anyone who doesn't realize what Lucic does on the 1st line now, must watch the games w/ a lampshade on their head.

All the people riding Seguin, self included, should give him big props tonight. Was engaged all over the ice, even won some battles, a couple of huge plays on the backcheck, even a goal from a dirty area.

Marchand, no idea why the kid has to have the yap going and do the agitator thing, at all. The guy is simply an immensely skilled hockey player. Give him any kind of room, and he'll burn you. Knows where he's going to bury a puck before he shoots it. His low center of gravity and shiftiness makes him a nightmare to contain. Glad the 2nd line showed up tonight, if it were up to everyone else, we lose this game.

I hope pevs is ok.

I agree. Marchand is a very good hockey player.

When he reverts to agitating he could get distracted. Just play the game and keep contributing.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I think you have to leave Paille with Kelly and Peverley. They've looked good when they're together, and Paille has been busting his ass to make plays.

Leave Bourque with Krejci if Lucic is out again. Give him a chance to get something going offensively. Then put him on the Merlot line. He'd be fine, IMO, if we weren't looking for points from him, but energy instead.

I've noticed the same thing. They haven't had much time together but Paille - Kelly - Peverly have looked good for a third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad