GDT: 2/16/13 - 3:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Either we're trying something different after losing so many games in a row, or Aulie's not 100% today.

It better be because he's not 100%. I don't see how trying to keep us from giving up 4 goals per game by taking out one of our better defensive defensemen and putting in MAB will help. Replace Lee with MAB, they are at least both expendable/interchangeable.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I get the whole thing about switching up lines but sometimes I think Boucher does it too often and there's no continuity developing between the players hence the passes to nowhere and off the mark. That and there's just no "toughness" on this team - nobody to get under anyone's skin like Downie used to and Beener isn't the answer.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It better be because he's not 100%. I don't see how trying to keep us from giving up 4 goals per game by taking out one of our better defensive defensemen and putting in MAB will help. Replace Lee with MAB, they are at least both expendable/interchangeable.

https://soundcloud.com/tbl-sound/boucher-with-media-2-16-13

Boucher says it's just his turn to sit to let MAB get into a game.

"Keith hasn't missed a game yet. He had been playing well but Lee missed a game and it's his turn right now."

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I don't even know what to expect from today's game, it should be an easy win since the Panthers are **** but we haven't been much better than them by any stretch. For some reason the fans (non-experts) can see that MAB sucks and that Stammer and Marty needed to be separated earlier in the year, yet it took the coaching staff forever to adjust the lines...I've tried exerting patience and hoping that this team turns it around, but it's a short season and if we want to make the playoffs we have to actually start playing 60 mins consistently.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Good thing I checked HF because I thought the game was at 7 like usual. Whoops!

I think Panthers win 7-1 with 6 PP goals. Hedman scores end to end with 1:19 left to play.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Jerred Smithson and Marcel Goc don't have goals yet, nor do any of the defensemen outside of Brian Campbell.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
To be honest, I have no problem with MAB. MAB fills a role and does it pretty well. What I have the problem with is MAB over Aulie. I'd say MAB is better than Lee by a VERY thin margin, but I'll take Aulie over anyone on this defense except Hedman and maybe Salo.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
We'll get down 5-0 until 6 minutes left in the 3rd, score 4 goals, and lose 5-4.

Let's see...Canadiens slumping, OTL. Caps slumping, L. Panthers slumping...

Now, for positivity, I think it will be a 3-2 OTL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad