GDT: 2/14/2014 Carolina Hurricanes vs YOUR Minnesota Wild 7 pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not to beat a dead horse....but props to Dubs for staying calm after those 2 quick Hurricanes goals. Another thing that we desperately needed in a goalie. He regrouped and made some nice saves in the late 3rd.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
My favorite team takes a regulation loss in a season that they need as high of a draft pick as possible, my second favorite team gets a win in a season where they are fighting for a playoff spot. What a great Valentine's Day for me.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Woo.. We're rolling. And surprise, surprise - big road trip coming up. If we would have even been like 6-8 during that awful stretch we'd be in great position right now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well... when we were 12pts out of the playoffs... we were saying it would take a historic run to get us back into contention.

We're 10-1-2 since the trade for Duuuuuuuuubie!

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Nah, I think ~27 is good enough. 25 puts Prosser on the ice for 2 more minutes, which would be unfortunate.

In the last 9 games, Prosser is +4, has been even or better each game. I actually agree with Yeo that he is playing some decent hockey right now.

Great, no, but not Iowa bad.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I wish Avder was here to complain about that stupid Dairy Queen commercial.. I really hate that one.

Yeah DQ commercials are something else aren't they?

Not to beat a dead horse....but props to Dubs for staying calm after those 2 quick Hurricanes goals. Another thing that we desperately needed in a goalie. He regrouped and made some nice saves in the late 3rd.

If anyone should know how to not be phased by two quick goals, its a former oilers goalie.

Glad to see we got two more big points. Now if only Detroit had done its job tonight....****ing jets.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even if we would've lost 3 or 4 of them in OT.
That's the worst of it... when you struggle in the NHL, it's better to struggle whilst at least reaching OT! When the Wild struggled, they unfortunately fell flat on their faces to the utter depths.

It's amazing that they're back in the playoff hunt with how far they actually fell!

We're 1 ROW out of the playoffs... tied with the Flames at 63pts... unfortunately the Flames are up 2-1 vs the Nucks in the 2nd.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Well... when we were 12pts out of the playoffs... we were saying it would take a historic run to get us back into contention.

We're 10-1-2 since the trade for Duuuuuuuuubie!

we never got to be 12 points out I think 9 was the most we were out

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Another massive victory tonight. Good to see Duby didn't let a couple goals phase him. Next up, a huge road trip through Western Canada. Would love to see them sweep that trip for a second time this year. This teams season was pretty much done a few weeks ago. 8-0-2 in the last 10 and still can't crack the top 8. Lots of work left to be done but this is a hell of a lot more fun than the tank talk a few weeks back.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Good win, again! Yeababy!

But high scoring doesn't always equals good hockey. It was kind of sloppy game, Eastern conference style. Don't know if the ice was bad too. Fortunately Carolina was also soft as a wet dishcloth most of the game. If this was Anaheim or St. Louis they probably would've slaughtered us. But it wasn't!

Pros: Some good individual efforts, happy for Vanek, Fontaine and Granlund. The team didn't fold after two quickies. And that we won!

I think Dubsy needs and deserves some rest. Don't drive him to the ground.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Dubsy needs and deserves some rest. Don't drive him to the ground.

The guy is in the prime of his career...28yrs old and well rested before he arrived. IMO there is no scenario possible here that would equal "driving him into the ground".

He isn't a 34yro broken down barely healthy goalie like Backstrom was.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
The guy is in the prime of his career...28yrs old and well rested before he arrived. IMO there is no scenario possible here that would equal "driving him into the ground".

He isn't a 34yro broken down barely healthy goalie like Backstrom was.

Hopefully. Kind of looked a bit slower than normally. But maybe I'm being oversensitive, having to watch Bäcks and his shattering body in recent years.

And to be honest, we don't have a reliable backup at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad