Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CbGSdM1W0AAZdnv.jpg:large

Xcel%2BEnergy%2BCenter.JPG

Tonight's Officials

Referees Brad Watson (23), Brian Pochmara (16)
Linesmen Mark Wheler (56), Jay Sharrers (57)

Ntl. Anthem James Bohn

TODAY’S GAME

- The Bruins visit the Wild today in the 2nd and final game between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit of the year to Xcel Energy Center … The Bruins are 29-19-6 overall and are 17-5-3 on the road … They are 3-4-0 vs. Central Division teams and are 6-9-3 vs. Western Conference opponents.

- The Bruins play game 2 today of their longest road trip of the season (1-0-0), a 6-game trek that will see them play in Winnipeg (6-2 W), Minnesota, Detroit, Columbus, Nashville and Dallas from Feb. 11-20 before they next play on home ice on Feb. 22 vs. Columbus.

- They are opening today their 8th of 11 sets of back-to-back games and enter this set with a 4-2-1 mark in both the 1st games and 2nd games of those series so far.

- They are playing game 2 of their 8th and game 1 of their 9th of 12 sets of 3 games in 4 nights and enter this series with a 3-3-2 record in the 1st game, 3-2-2 in the 2nd and 4-3-0 in game 3s of those sets.

- The Bruins are playing today their 5th of 9 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) and they are currently 2-2-0 in afternoon games.

BOSTON vs MINNESOTA, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Wild are meeting for the 18th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 5-11-0-1 record and the Wild holding a 48-33 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 3-4-0-1 in their 8 road games of this lifetime series with the Wild holding a 22-16 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins have won 2 of their last 3 games vs. the Wild, including a 4-2 home win on Nov. 19 in the 1st meeting between these teams this season, and they have taken points out of 4 of their last 5 in this lifetime series at 3-1-1 … They recorded a 3-2 OT win in their last visit to Minnesota on Dec. 17 of last season.

Fun Fact: The 18 games between these teams represent the fewest for Boston vs. any of their current opponents

The Bruins have gone 4 for 13 (30.8%) on the power play in their last 4 games vs. the Wild after being blanked in their 1st 36 opportunities over 13 contests … The Wild own all 3 shutouts of this lifetime series.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1455340532000

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
could care less that the Wild have played poorly over the last month or more, Western Conference team who always gives the B`s issues, and if Bergy doesn`t go, this could spell trouble

Hate to be a downer but this one too could get ugly, hope not but..

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Parise is the one who broke Krug's hand last season? Watch out for the stick work.

Tough to get excited for a Minnesota game, the Bruins need to bring an up tempo game again with effort.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Parise is the one who broke Krug's hand last season? Watch out for the stick work.

Tough to get excited for a Minnesota game, the Bruins need to bring an up tempo game again with effort.

Yup, I remember that - nasty picture on Twitter of the surgery to reattach the finger.

Hopefully the attitude will be "win one for Bergy", and not "we can't win without Bergy". The Bruins have shown that after an injury, they can be Jekyll and/or Hyde - playing surprisingly well, or not coming close to lowered expectations.

I hope that if Rask is starting today (is that really happening?), it isn't a sign off Clode losing faith in Gustavsson. I can't say that he played particularly well against LA, but...frankly, I can't say that I care if he played well during that particular game. That game was gone, and he had two jobs: keep Rask on the bench so Rask doesn't get injured, and not get injured himself. He succeeded in those.

Plus, we all know from last year what happens when the coach loses faith in the backup after January.

Looking ahead, if it's Rask today, it's probably Goose in Detroit, which doesn't sit well with me. If it's Goose today, then he can play against CBJx2, which works pretty well.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Vatrano is burning the AHL but, of course, we call up of the most inept forward we have. Good job. Gooooooood job .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad