GDT: 2/12/15 - 7:30PM EDT - St. Louis VS Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Everybody would take Stamkos, but for what he makes and what he might make he isn't playing up to his contract, Connolly is. What team doesn't need 20 goal bottom 6 players? If you want horribly inconsistent Paquette is your man, he gets hot for 5 games then disappears for 25. You want good defensive players in your bottom 6 but have Drouin as one of them.

Paquette isn't there for offense though. Connolly was supposed to be there for that...not paquette. Paquette is inconsistent but plays a better two way game. Drouin? He isn't going anywhere so why mention him? I don't see him getting traded. You could even argue about him being top 6 or bottom 6 but that's not the conversation right now.

lightningfanqc

Oct 30, 2009
Nordiques City
Hedman just refuses to play the body. Simple ****.

He's painful to watch seriously.....Hope Yzerman sends him to a d-man camp this summer....Sustr and him are the softest big size d-mans in the league....I want to pu... Who's the defense coach? He ain't doing his job or all our players sh.... in their pants fearing contact.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Edmonton just held MTL to a single point with an OT win. So it could have been worse. MTL's not handling their weak schedule well.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
A few players played well. Stamkos seemed to be motivated after his giveaway. Drouin had some good shifts. Connolly continues to be hot and Kucherov looked good on one side of the ice. That's about it, as far as I can remember. The team let Bishop down big-time in this one. The quality of STL's chances was absurd.

I want two RHDs for Christmas. One for the PP, and one to just settle the chaos down.

Two decent D, regardless of which side they shoot, would cure a whole lot of what ails us.

He's painful to watch seriously.....Hope Yzerman sends him to a d-man camp this summer....Sustr and him are the softest big size d-mans in the league....I want to pu... Who's the defense coach? He ain't doing his job or all our players sh.... in their pants fearing contact.

Yeah, that's true. It's tough to watch because Hedman's got the ability to hit people but doesn't want to do so.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Hedman and Stamkos need to start playing like they're the Core of the Team. They need to step up. Last year a ******** of players stepped up when Stamkos wasn't there. He had his best game in awhile, but still was **** on the wall, gave away a puck in the slot which was the backbreaker really.

Sustr is a dumpster fire in the roles he's being asked to fill now. The Vet D aren't playing remotely as well as they should either. It's an effort thing as far as I can tell. They were loafing around the ice in the beginning of the game and there is simply no excuse for that.

After the two gift goals in the 1st, Bishop kept us in the game hoping the team would wake up and play. They didn't. Stamkos killed all momentum with that absolutely lazy ****ing play in the slot. Then the team took another nap and gave up.

There is NO reason for SFY to go out and pay for a rental D at this point. The team is not that close to a deep playoff run. Why trade picks/assets when it's going to be wasted on a player who will come in and have to play with teammates who think they're good enough to play 7 or 8/10ths and win a game? That's simply not good enough. Skill wise, good enough. The Blues are every bit as skilled but they also wear hard hats and carry lunch pales. The Bolts need some of that 4th liner mentality through all of the lines. You have to outwork the guys in the other sweaters or you're going to have a bad day.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I can't disagree with the post above. They've got to try harder and be more consistent. We can't get lackluster efforts from our big names and the vets we have need to lead by example. We can't expect young kids who are playing roles that are certainly over their heads to lead this team.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Welcome to the Hedman is overrated club, everyone. Been waiting for you guys for a year or two now. He's a defensive liability, plain and simple.

Get some guys who will play the body and stop stick-checking, Yzerman. I thought the finesse days of Boucher were over...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Paquette isn't there for offense though. Connolly was supposed to be there for that...not paquette. Paquette is inconsistent but plays a better two way game. Drouin? He isn't going anywhere so why mention him? I don't see him getting traded. You could even argue about him being top 6 or bottom 6 but that's not the conversation right now.

Connolly is providing offense though. He makes the 4th line dangerous not just a line of plugs. Like i said before this is really his second season and he's providing good offense with limited minutes. He will continue to improve and become a 25 goal scorer. Paquette needs to bring some offense because he isn't a shutdown center, he's good defensively but nothing special. He's also super streaky with his offense. I only brought up Drouin because you had him in your bottom 6 but not Connolly, Connolly is a much better bottom 6 option.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Two losses to the Blues, one to the Kings and one to Nashville in the past 6 games.

Who was it on here that said we are cup contenders?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
You know, I'm happy that they admit to these kind of things but I'm also sick of hearing it since they never seem to try and fix it:

You're not going to get points or win anything with excuses.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You know, I'm happy that they admit to these kind of things but I'm also sick of hearing it since they never seem to try and fix it:

You're not going to get points or win anything with excuses.

Seems like he was deflecting some of the blame. This lose is solely on him and his awful back to back shifts in the 2nd where he gifted them two goals. He should've accepted all the blame like a true leader.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Seems like he was deflecting some of the blame. This lose is solely on him and his awful back to back shifts in the 2nd where he gifted them two goals. He should've accepted all the blame like a true leader.

How do you know he wasn't talking about himself?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I really want Stammer to just go back and don what he does best and focus on offense, maybe then we can go back to the 'the best defense is good offfense' that we played at the beginning of the season...and also we won't have Stammer coughing up the puck every other time he gets it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It was mostly a bad effort tonight. The Blues came to play and the Lightning didn't look like they knew there was a game until it as too late. You can't have those kind of starts and expect to play with a team like the Blues. They need to learn from this one. The first two periods were as bad as I've ever seen them play before. It's a credit to the Blues because they are a good team but were not this bad either.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How do you know he wasn't talking about himself?

He could've been but he should've said, "This loss is on me, I let the team down with poor decisions in the 2nd. We showed fight by playing till the end but by then we were too far beyond. I can't put my team in that position and expect us to win. If not for Bishop it could've been worse."

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
What would the score be if Vasa was in net the entire game ?

I don't think it would have been much different, this loss wasn't on the goalies, they played above and beyond to try and keep the team in the game, this was all on the poor play by the other players who kept giving up great scoring chance after great scoring chance (I think STL must have had 25+ scoring chances this game).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
He could've been but he should've said, "This loss is on me, I let the team down with poor decisions in the 2nd. We showed fight by playing till the end but by then we were too far beyond. I can't put my team in that position and expect us to win. If not for Bishop it could've been worse."

medicate anyway

bishop HAS TO

STEP UP EARLY i dont care he has to settle this young team down that means YOU DO NOT GIVE UP TWO OR MORE FIRST PERIOD GOALS. I dont want excuses or any other logic or whatever on that. IF he wants to be the leader the stanley cup goalie HE HAS TO DO IT.

If he cant we can ship him and give the job to vasi. To me its going to get to that point if he cannot overcome these types of games. He is better then that. I get all the rest etc.. just really dont care. I am fine with vasi taking over sooner rather then later so expect the bishop who was in the running for the vezina last year NOW expected it before this game when we won ten home in a row. He has to step up is that simple.

If he cannot well is on him and vasi is pushing him which I like to see:)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What would the score be if Vasa was in net the entire game ?

Still wouldn't have been good. Defense played horrendously for most of the game. What is wrong with Hedman? He hasn't been right for a long time.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Still wouldn't have been good. Defense played horrendously for most of the game. What is wrong with Hedman? He hasn't been right for a long time.

flipper played badly again too wasnt happy with most players but we are young and is up to the goalie whoever that is to get us to our feet. If we are outshot 15-2 to start a game the goalie needs to stand on head and hold to a goal. I have seen both of them do it and sometimes its just what is needed:)

We didnt show for the first and paid for it but is not a new thing with this team.

Bishop when is on gets us into the second with a shot at a win:)

Tonight?

I also dont go nuts on the refs but man was I screaming tonight lol

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
The whole team needs a shift. The defense is Brutal and is plagued by injury. But the offense shouldn't look this bad.

Maybe split up TKO. If Johnson is as outstanding as some make him out to be, he shouldn't need Palat and Kuch to make things happen.

Give Johnson Flip and Cally and put Stamkos with Palat and Kuch.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
pluses vasilevskis came on and played well in the third :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

medicate anyway

bishop HAS TO

STEP UP EARLY i dont care he has to settle this young team down that means YOU DO NOT GIVE UP TWO OR MORE FIRST PERIOD GOALS. I dont want excuses or any other logic or whatever on that. IF he wants to be the leader the stanley cup goalie HE HAS TO DO IT.

If he cant we can ship him and give the job to vasi. To me its going to get to that point if he cannot overcome these types of games. He is better then that. I get all the rest etc.. just really dont care. I am fine with vasi taking over sooner rather then later so expect the bishop who was in the running for the vezina last year NOW expected it before this game when we won ten home in a row. He has to step up is that simple.

If he cannot well is on him and vasi is pushing him which I like to see:)
Even Vasi at his best can only keep the dam from breaking for so long. The amount of scoring chances this defense/team is giving up is inexcusable.

Goalies don't make great defenses. Vice versa, yes.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Even Vasi at his best can only keep the dam from breaking for so long. The amount of scoring chances this defense/team is giving up is inexcusable.

we didnt show up till too late but that is nothing NEW for us. Has happened for two years:) Is a young youth thing I hope they outgrow lol.

Yet we have seen these types of games where you get a couple great saves and this team plays right:)

That is my only point. I get all the d problems and every other problem. Yet they seemed to give up on bishop at one point:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad