GDT: 2/12/13 "Wash It Away" - Capitals VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

redrising.jpg

Tonight Your Defending Southeast Division Champion Florida Panthers take on the Washington Capitals! Game time at 7:30 EST live from BB&T Center!

BBTCenter-Arena.jpg

Workin'

TV: Live on FSFlorida and Center Ice/Gamecenter.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

:caps

VS

:panthers

[fieldset=Standings]
Florida:
Conference Position|Games Played| Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
13th|11|4|6 |1 |9

Washington:
Conference Position| Games Played| Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
15th|12|3|8|1|7
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
Washington:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Brooks Laich| 2013-01-13| on injured reserve| strained groin
Jack Hillen| 2013-01-20 |on injured reserve and is expected to miss 2-3 months |upper body
Dmitry Orlov| 2013-01-20 |on injured reserve and will miss at least 1-2 months| upper body
Marcus Johansson| 2013-02-12 |questionable for Tuesday's game against Florida| upper body
Tom Poti |2013-02-12 |questionable for Tuesday's game against Florida| upper body

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Michael Caruso| 2013-01-23 |on injured reserve and is out indefinitely |broken wrist
Sean Bergenheim |2013-01-17 |undisclosed |undisclosed
Ed Jovanovski|2013-01-31|out indefinitely|knee
Scottie Upshall| 2013-02-01| on injured reserve| ankle
Jerred Smithson|2013-02-12|healthy scratch|healthy scratch
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Washington:
LW |C| RW
Jason Chimera|Mike Ribeiro|Alex Ovechkin
Wojtek Wolski|Nicklas Backstrom|Troy Brouwer
Eric Fehr|Mathieu Perreault|Joel Ward
Matt Hendricks|Jay Beagle|Joey Crabb

LD|RD
Karl Alzner|Mike Green
John Erskine|John Carlson
Jeff Schultz |Tomas Kundratek

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Tomas Fleischmann|Stephen Weiss|Kris Versteeg
Jonathan Huberdeau|Drew Shore|Peter Mueller
Tomas Kopecky|Marcel Goc|Alex Kovalev
George Parros|Shawn Matthias|Jack Skille

LD|RD
Filip Kuba|Brian Campbell
Dmitry Kulikov|Mike Weaver
Erik Gudbranson|Tyson Strachan
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change)]
Washington:
6735.gif

Braden Holtby
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
6|2|4|0|3.86| .879|1

VS.

Florida:
1414.gif

Scott Clemmensen
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
4|0|1|1| 3.77| .853|0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
Washington:
W |Braden Holtby| 2
L |Braden Holtby| 4
GAA| Michal Neuvirth| 3.05
G |Troy Brouwer |5
A| Mike Ribeiro| 10
+/-| Joel Ward |5
PIM| Matt Hendricks| 36

Florida:
W |Jose Theodore| 4
L |Jose Theodore| 5
GAA| Jose Theodore| 3.41
G| Peter Mueller| 4
A| Tomas Fleischmann |6
+/-| Shawn Matthias| 2
PIM |Tomas Kopecky|16
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
Washington:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
22.7%|10th|71.7%|27th

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
21.7%|12th|75.6%|23rd(tied)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=News And Notes]
"We just have to come ready to play the next game," Panthers forward Kris Versteeg said. "They were obviously the better team, but we've just got to find a way to come back."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/fla
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Primary Target]
troy_brouwer-x-large.jpg

Troy Brouwer, burned the Panthers for 2 goals last game and is a dangerous net front presence. He, like many caps, had his best game of the season against teh Panthers on Saturday. Surely he's familiar with several Panthers who are also ex-Blackhawks, and he'll be familiar with how much they want revenge for Saturday.​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot Cat Of The Night]
20120207Caps-2046.jpg

Tomas Fleischmann, leads the team in assists and points, with 6 in his last 6 games.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Capitals/Last Game Played

Tonight...
florida-panthers-washington-capitals.jpg

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
if we show up to work then we will win. If we give a work ethic and the caps played the exact same way they did saturday night no doubt in my mind we will win.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm hoping for the boys to put the blowout loss on Saturday behind them and get revenge tonight. A loss here to a team that's actually struggling worse than us would have absolutely nothing good about it.

I actually agree with Dineen's decision to play Clemmensen tonight due to his record against the Caps. Theodore didn't good at all on Saturday and seems to never play well against them.

I'll be at the game tonight. My first since Opening Night, so I'm hoping for a Panthers victory :)

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
We should know within the first five minutes of the game if the Panthers are in the game or not. They need to be flying from the second the puck drops until the whistle blows for the full sixty minutes.

Great work as always on the GDT - PR!

Lets go PANTHERS!

TroublesABruin

Jan 31, 2013
South Florida
Clemmer needs to be on his game.. despite their Record.. they still have potent scorers.. need to keep eyes on Brouwer,Ovechkin and Backstrom. gotta keep them off the board.
Versteeg gotta get going as well, Weiss too and Flash and my guy Mueller needs to do what they are more than capable of doing.i expect a win in regulation.. panthers 4 caps 2. IF they play smart and limit the takeaways and odd man chances against them..but with this team.. this will be tough.

Question, id like to give a shot at a GDT for Thursdays game vs Montreal. who should i PM about it?

Last edited:

Winti26

Feb 23, 2012
Switzerland
3:1 panthers win(hopefully) but it needs a great team effort and a very good game by clemmer.
who ever lose will be last in the east and i would prefer the caps in this position:)

CoolburnIsGone

I'm 2-0 going to games this yr so dont worry, I'll be there tonight :D

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Clemmer needs to be on his game.. despite their Record.. they still have potent scorers.. need to keep eyes on Brouwer,Ovechkin and Backstrom. gotta keep them off the board.
Versteeg gotta get going as well, Weiss too and Flash and my guy Mueller needs to do what they are more than capable of doing.i expect a win in regulation.. panthers 4 caps 2. IF they play smart and limit the takeaways and odd man chances against them..but with this team.. this will be tough.

Question, id like to give a shot at a GDT for Thursdays game vs Montreal. who should i PM about it?

Cool! There is a GDT sign-up thread up top in the stickies. Just reply with what game you would like to do one for, the next opening is the 16th vs the Lightning.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We're 1 for 2 in rematch games this year..

Ottawa killed us, then Ottawa killed us again.

Philly killed us, then we came back from being down 2-1 and won in a shootout.

Recently:

Washington killed us, ...

We'll see..

TroublesABruin

Jan 31, 2013
South Florida
Cool! There is a GDT sign-up thread up top in the stickies. Just reply with what game you would like to do one for, the next opening is the 16th vs the Lightning.

ok thanks. i posted in there :)

another quick question, can someone direct me to a Admins profile? id like to change my username to TroublesABrewin.. as in a beer reference.. anyone?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I'm 2-0 going to games this yr so dont worry, I'll be there tonight :D

I'm jealous of your Club Red hookup! If you get any extra hookups in the future PM me, I would love to check that out. :laugh:
Do let us know what the experience is like though, whether people are hiding out in the lounge or not like you mentioned. Maybe you can take a bunch of cardboard cutouts of fans to put in the empty seats, so it doesn't look so bad on TV. :naughty:
Anyway, have fun!

CoolburnIsGone

I'm jealous of your Club Red hookup! If you get any extra hookups in the future PM me, I would love to check that out. :laugh:
Do let us know what the experience is like though, whether people are hiding out in the lounge or not like you mentioned. Maybe you can take a bunch of cardboard cutouts of fans to put in the empty seats, so it doesn't look so bad on TV. :naughty:
Anyway, have fun!
Yeah thats a pretty nice work perk for sure ;) It was just something that was a spur of the moment thing here so it doesnt always happen. I will definitely give everyone a review of Club Red for sure (though that may not happen tonight but definitely tomorrow). Unfortunately I'm only in row 16 (which is 2nd to last row) in sect 101 so I wont even help how it looks on TV really. :(

If I get an opportunity tonight at the Town Hall meeting, I'm planning to ask Yorkman if the org has thought about giving at least the STH's an opportunity to check out 1 game this yr in Club Red since its not sold out. It makes sense from all stand points since it would make the area look more full which is good for marketing, the STH's normal seats could be re-sold so the org makes money still on the deal and its goodwill towards the STH (particularly the long time ones) who have dealt with some of the BS of this org (like re-assigning people in those sections).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
All of the betting sites have us favoured to win and I'd like to know why?

Because we just got pounded by Washington 5-0, is it solely based on the fact we're at home and we're pissed off?

I honestly can't take another blow-out loss 12 games into the season. If the competitve juices arent flowing in this game, we are going to have bigger issues to contend with.

Let's get the revenge win, a good start to the 4-game homestand and back on track to defending our Southeast title.

I do have a question about Markstrom being called up, Can the team roll with 3 goalies and 2 players scratched or does Clemmesen or Theodore have to be "INJURED"??

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Looking at those PK/PP rankings, I can't help but think this game, if it's not another blowout, is going to come down to whoever spends less time in the box winning.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yeah thats a pretty nice work perk for sure ;) It was just something that was a spur of the moment thing here so it doesnt always happen. I will definitely give everyone a review of Club Red for sure (though that may not happen tonight but definitely tomorrow). Unfortunately I'm only in row 16 (which is 2nd to last row) in sect 101 so I wont even help how it looks on TV really. :(

If I get an opportunity tonight at the Town Hall meeting, I'm planning to ask Yorkman if the org has thought about giving at least the STH's an opportunity to check out 1 game this yr in Club Red since its not sold out. It makes sense from all stand points since it would make the area look more full which is good for marketing, the STH's normal seats could be re-sold so the org makes money still on the deal and its goodwill towards the STH (particularly the long time ones) who have dealt with some of the BS of this org (like re-assigning people in those sections).

That is actually a great idea. If he is a smart man, he should seriously consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad