2/10/2005 GDT - Meetings underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
What a difference a week or two makes. Last week and the week before, this board was crazy with posters who had hope. Now, it's quiet on here. Pessimism is higher now, with no hope in sight.

Even Eklund's rumors can't keep people around anymore, it seems. :lol

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lady Rhian said:
What a difference a week or two makes. Last week and the week before, this board was crazy with posters who had hope. Now, it's quiet on here. Pessimism is higher now, with no hope in sight.

It's early.There is nothing going on.They have been meeting at the NHL offices near the ACC since 11 this morning

Melanson

Apr 29, 2004
Lady Rhian said:

I think you can only run into a brick wall so many times before you realize that it hurts and you just don't want to do it again :banghead:

We've had our hopes up so many times before because we WANT the lockout to be settled. Having been shot down repeatedly makes you pessimistic and you think that it will NEVER happen :shakehead

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Lady Rhian said:
I wonder what toppings they ordered on their pizzas?
Listen...I spent an entire lunch break editing posts the last time people were talking pizza. I figure Jay Onrait stole the idea from here for his stupid column. :D

Please for the love of anything sacred, enough with the food jokes. :amazed:

Crazy Lunatic

What is said after todays meetings...

NHLPA: "The meetings were futile and the two sides have philosophical differences that will never be resolved. All members of the NHLPA will now be flying to Europe as it is clear that this NHL season will be cancelled."

NHL: "The discussions were fantastic and much progress has been made. Our schedule makers are working overtime as we believe an announcement of a saved season is a mere formality at this point. We sincerely thank the NHLPA for all of their efforts and hope to finalise our agreement tomorrow morning."

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Melanson said:
I think you can only run into a brick wall so many times before you realize that it hurts and you just don't want to do it again :banghead:

We've had our hopes up so many times before because we WANT the lockout to be settled. Having been shot down repeatedly makes you pessimistic and you think that it will NEVER happen :shakehead

ITA! :banghead:

ResidentAlien*

So it's Daly and not Betty doing the presser, rumors say that Gary has a hair appointment

Crows*

It's all over. Been over for al ong time.

What a waste of time and how idiotic can these guys get.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
what's the point of the NHL calling a press conference? if no progress was made and it's the same old same old, what's the point? why not just release some statements to the press like usual

unless they're just gonna cancel the season now and be done with it

or it could just be another PR stunt by the NHL, which would bug the hell out of me even more

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
While I'm not exactly optimistic, I'm largely skeptical of TSN\THEFAN\Sportsnet and their ambiguous "sources," which have been wrong on more than one occasion. Let's not jump ship until we hear what Daly has to say at 4.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
it is 2 things and two things only ...

1- to repeat the same old song and dance as yesterday and before
2- to officially cancel the season and the PA knows this and is why their press conf. is afterwards

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
nomorekids said:
While I'm not exactly optimistic, I'm largely skeptical of TSN\THEFAN\Sportsnet and their ambiguous "sources," which have been wrong on more than one occasion. Let's not jump ship until we hear what Daly has to say at 4.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

good point nomorekids. How many of them even knew about yesterdays meeting before that fact. Seems to me the NHL and NHLPA so called sources are feeding them what info when they want and how they want it portrayed.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Daly will say some negative hoping to reach some players directly. It gives the players 2 days to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad