Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
I predicted a Woll victory but I honestly didn't expect the skaters to outplay the Bruins without Matthews in the lineup. We have a series again and it was because the goalie was strong, not because he stole it. Nice.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Our Leafs live to fight, and lose, another day !!!

Great game by everyone !!! Matthews was the difference, although quite invisible !!!

The Bruins will now have PTSD from last season and be super jittery !!!

GO LEAFS GO !!!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Forget about the goal, Knies is going to be a power forward one day, in the mold of a Gary Roberts. The kid is going to be 15-20 pounds heavier in a few years. He already has a heavy, involved vernacular to his game. His type will be critical.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
What we have learned after the last 5 playoff periods:

This team has absolutely no offensive threats when Matthews is not firing on all cylinders.

Marner can't shoot through a wet paper bag.

Rielly has exactly 0 respect among the league for his shot. The Bruins essentially beg him to take wide open, uncontested shots on the power play because there isn't a single person in the building who thinks his shot is in any way a threat to score from the point.

Domi is a pass-only player. He's great at creating, but good f***ing Lord he refuses to shoot. The boy has some deeply ingrained trauma.

Bertuzzi is a disaster all over the ice. I don't mean he's a bad player, no. He is a skating, moveable disaster who causes havoc EVERYWHERE.

Tavares is the only player on the ice with any sort of respect for his medium-range shot. The Bruins may not be afraid of him winning any races, but they do respect him enough to smother him wherever he goes.

Knies is a kid and has a ton of growing to do. He looks like he needs to put aside the high expectations coming into the season of playing on the wing with 34 and 16, and just go out there and dominate physically and get to the front of the net. His future is bright if he just simplifies his game.

Nylander was the exact same old Nylander. Great - terrible - great - ECHL level - good - bad - terrible - just ok - great again!! - WTF was that??? - The guy can't put 2 shifts together where he's both engaged and effective. I've never watched a player as infuriating as Nylander. He is the living embodiment of Frederik Modin's slapshot - 103 mph, but can't hit the net 85% of the time.

The rest of the team is just fillers.

McCabe and Benoit had good games.

• Haha
Reactions: Al14, kb and 7even

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
It wasn’t a perfect game but it worked. I was concerned when they weren’t moving their legs late in 2nd period. Thankfully they hung on to come out of it with the PP to start the 3rd. The rest was just back and forth hockey, so glad they won. GLG

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I’m sure there were 1000’s of us yelling the same thing. That was a classic overtime winner, so many scored that way.

I was one of them. There was nothing really there to shoot at, but, Swayman still has to play that honestly which meant there's a good chance for a rebound (which there was). Great heads up play from a vet, and a rookie to drive the net looking for some garbage.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Looking at our youth. If we were to ever do a quick rebuild, we actually have a lot of the forward pieces, even in the minors.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I though the second line was quite bad overall. Maby they were better the last 10 When my brain was numb?

But good that Nylander got one more game to get into the flow.

Dont know about the possibility for Matthews and Mcmann to be back.

First line was great.

Reactions: ruaware41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad