Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Since the Marchand wrong leg grab dive...

The refs have smartened up to all the Bruins diving embellishments...

Thats why the one ref was even shown to tell Mcavoy and Pasta to F-Off.
And one other moment similar - akin to cut that shit out!!

And Imagine the shock when the ref grabbed Marchand to avoid a srum, and he fell and made it look like a tackle.

Refs finally rolled eyes at Bruins whining and crying all game while embelishhing every other play.

Our PP sucks anyways... but hey...

I call it when they are bad.. I'll call it when they get it right as well

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If you can get Matthews back you’d at least have to consider putting him between nylander and JT

Not a bad idea. I like Holmberg a lot but I'd consider sitting him out, play Matthews with Nylander and Knies, put JT with Robby and Jarnkrok. Maybe put Holmberg on the wing and sit Robertson? Either or.

Domi with Marner and Bertuzzi was pretty solid.

I have a feeling Matthews might be out though.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Real talk, is it time to sit Reaves?
Maybe so. Maybe if McMann's ready.

But I think Reaves is earning his pay. I wish Keefe would use him a little more judiciously and use our tenth and eleventh forwards as a quasi-fourth line, to supplement our top three lines.

We're "there" where our big dogs need to be our big dogs and get into that 27/28-minute area where other premier players operate in the playoffs.

Reactions: Jacquestrapless

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Since the Marchand wrong leg grab dive...

The refs have smartened up to all the Bruins diving embellishments...

Thats why the one ref was even shown to tell Mcavoy and Pasta to F-Off.
And one other moment similar - akin to cut that shit out!!

And Imagine the shock when the ref grabbed Marchand to avoid a srum, and he fell and made it look like a tackle.

Refs finally rolled eyes at Bruins whining and crying all game while embelishhing every other play.

Our PP sucks anyways... but hey...

I call it when they are bad.. I'll call it when they get it right as well
No doubt we've been getting the whistle as they say. I have noticed a lot of calls that have been made in the past, not being made in the past 3 games.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
If Matthews is healthy, do you break up that Domi line?
I don’t see how you can. I think you need to run Nylander with Matthews and give Knies a spot on that LW. Let JT take 3rd line matchups with Robertson and Jarnkrok. I’d run Kampf with Dewar and Holmberg on the 4th, Reavo has been a spark plug in this series but he’s becoming a defensive liability again and I think his energy has rubbed off on our players already. Everyone is playing with a bit more snarl (aside from 88 and 16 but that’s not going to be solved by playing Reavo)

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Started an argument with my old man about this. He was talking about how "Marchand and Pastrnak have shown up and no one on the Leafs has" and I told him that Pastrnak has actually not been very good and only had 4 points, mostly PP points. And he said that "Pastrnak has 6 points and is dominating". Huh?
Don't argue with your Dad man. Just nod and say "ok Dad you're right".

Leafs fans can't ever be right anyways, lol, it's been 57 years

Reactions: authentic

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Turns out you can win a game with 2 goals this series

You just need a real goalie in net
1000003983.gif

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
It's a good thing the linesman speared Marchand. Else, he would try to goad Holmberg into a penalty lmao

Good wrastling by Holmberg though. Enough to take Marchand out of the play

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Not a bad idea. I like Holmberg a lot but I'd consider sitting him out, play Matthews with Nylander and Knies, put JT with Robby and Jarnkrok. Maybe put Holmberg on the wing and sit Robertson? Either or.

Yup, definitely another good option. And as notbias pointed out, nothing stopping us from giving JT some shift with 34/88 even if he is regularly lining up on 3rd line.

Marner definitely looked his best tonight of the series by a good margin.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I dress Holmberg over Robertson myself, let him play with Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad