Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
It is for sure a thing. I don't understand it, but of the guys who played tonight can play the exact same, and add Matthews even at 70%, you'd think we'd be better... right?
well you'd hope so but then again Leafs are Leafs after all :laugh:. I hope Keefe doesn't break up Marner and Domi though. I think that can be a good makeshift line and they looked more dangerous tonight than Matthews line for most of the series

Reactions: wingman75

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
If you can get Matthews back you’d at least have to consider putting him between nylander and JT

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I guess <shivering> that's a possibility to start the game. But how do you slot the team's best player lower in the lineup when we know he can take over a game himself?

I like the possibility of translating tonight's work ethic while utilizing Matthews a little differently. It would make for a heck of a chess match that Keefe, unfortunately, can't finesse.

And can you experiment like that in a must-win situation?

I like the thinking though. Especially with - most importantly - the work ethic on display that we need, that naturally seems to rise to the occasion when Matthews is absent.

Curious to confirm what our record without Matthews is.
You could slot Matthews where Tavares was, they rolled that line a fair bit this year.

Then you're left with Tavares - Jarn and a choice of Robby or Holmberg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would put Gregor instead of Reaves

I think his speed can be a factor. Not sure if Reaves is needed this stage of this series
I’d agree but they may want Reaves presence in the room and on the bench.

Reactions: fahad203

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
well you'd hope so but then again Leafs are Leafs after all :laugh:. I hope Keefe doesn't break up Marner and Domi though. I think that can be a good makeshift line and they looked more dangerous tonight than Matthews line for most of the series
Maybe we just save Matthews for game 7. Hell, maybe he is done for the series anyway.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I didn't mind Sammy starting game 1, then you go back to him bc the whole team stunk and they won game 2. So you go back to him for game 3.

Unacceptable you start Samsonov in game 4.
Perform the way we do in Game 4 and you're back with Sammy in Game 5

Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He had a few moments where he was struggling to move, but was good overall.

As soon as he got that puck I may or may not have yelled 'take it to the f***in net'! Good man that Tavares when he listens lol

He has to be that good and even better in the next one.
I’m sure there were 1000’s of us yelling the same thing. That was a classic overtime winner, so many scored that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad