Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
By the way, maybe someone can remind me how great Pastrnak is in the playoffs. Worst player on the ice for both teams tonight. That is playoff Pasta.

I mean he's been a pretty good playoff producer.

I wonder if some of those big hits on him early in the season, along with the additional physicality, have made it hard on him out there

Reactions: ruaware41

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
He was up and down all game for me, but when he grabbed that puck I knew he was going to drive hard, he found a gear too.
Ha ha yea, first step was a little stutter but then the gearbox engaged and he motored to the post. I'd like to see a lot more of that from everyone!

Reactions: DarkKnight

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
All the first round playoff series in the east are over except ours.
The Panthers, Hurricanes, and the Rangers will play in round 2.

I hope the leafs join them Saturday night.

Reactions: banks

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
not gonna lie - objectively Boston looked nervous as f*** with no killer instinct not coming in for the unalive today and Toronto looked too much lacking in killer instinct to take advantage of that and blow a team playing terribly out. The score after that 1st should not have been 1-1. I highly doubt either of these teams will win the cup but who cares, just enjoy the experience.
Or maybe our goalie actually made some decent stops tonight. Maybe if Samsonov is playing tonight we're talking about where to ship Marner in the off season instead of whether or not Matthews is playing on Thursday.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I mean he's been a pretty good playoff producer.

I wonder if some of those big hits on him early in the season, along with the additional physicality, have made it hard on him out there
Go back and watch games 5, 6 and 7 of their series against Florida last year, or most of the series against Carolina the year prior. He gets his points on the power play, but is otherwise very ineffective. Incredibly talented player, but he doesn't have another gear for the playoffs.

Reactions: WillNy29

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Rielly shot the puck too much Jarnkrok looked very average just seems to lack enough of a combination of skill and size and skating to make an impact, Holmberg caused a very bone headed icing Liljegren looked like an imposter as usual.

That's all I got for below average-bad games.
rofl... Rielly shot the puck too much. If that's the gripe, no one played poorly.

He was very good, btw, in nearly 27 minutes of ice time and being the guy on the backend we ask literally everything of.

Reactions: banks

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
IMG_8270.jpeg

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Its clear hes doing his best not to get a penalty or give it away. End result is hes completely ineffective.

At this point I would rather have a line of: Kampf Dewer-Robertson once Matty comes back.

The series has settled into more structure and less physical chaos.

Getting more out of the fourth line would be helpful and someone who is an upgrade of Reaves defensively can be a big game saver now.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
If Toronto plays like this the rest of series and now with Woll, they should win.
Problem is we never know which leafs team we r getting.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Or maybe our goalie actually made some decent stops tonight. Maybe if Samsonov is playing tonight we're talking about where to ship Marner in the off season instead of whether or not Matthews is playing on Thursday.
Woll definitely looked great aside from the 1st goal, no question about it. But let me tell ya, if Florida or Colorado outshot another team 16-2 in the first period they'd be coming out of it with the lead. Our team lacks that killer instinct. We take a wounded bear and we try to give it every chance we can to recover rather than end it.

Reactions: seventieslord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad