Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I thought JT was battling all night. I know at times he can look futile, but around the net, he can still get it done.

Interesting to see who Boston goes to on in the nets on Thursday night.

You can never question his work ethic.

He also seems to be pretty clutch.

Reactions: kb and Mr_Fun

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I thought JT was battling all night. I know at times he can look futile, but around the net, he can still get it done.

Interesting to see who Boston goes to on in the nets on Thursday night.

Hopefully Boston is in their own head and in a self destructive mood. Maybe make a goalie blunder and barf all over themselves.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He had a few moments where he was struggling to move, but was good overall.

As soon as he got that puck I may or may not have yelled 'take it to the f***in net'! Good man that Tavares when he listens lol

He has to be that good and even better in the next one.
He was up and down all game for me, but when he grabbed that puck I knew he was going to drive hard, he found a gear too.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
By the way, maybe someone can remind me how great Pastrnak is in the playoffs. Worst player on the ice for both teams tonight. That is playoff Pasta.

Reactions: WillNy29

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I guess I'm happy. Still horrible at choosing to shoot.

Anyone else feel that Boston played horribly tonight, only turned it on to start OT and we're fortunate to win?

That's how it looked like to me..
Wasn't their best game, but we didn't give them much either and got some saves.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Real solid game. 1 down, 2 more to go for the series comeback.
Woll was excellent. Knies had himself a hell of a game too.

Marner with Domi and Bert looked good as well. I think Domi and Bertuzzi really need that 3rd guy to be the best player on the line. Matthews wasn’t able to be that in games 3 and 4 and it really hurt the line but they sprung way back to life with Mitch tonight. Kudos to the trio

Lot of good contributions tonight.

Please don’t lay another egg on home ice

Reactions: HellasLEAF

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
good win, limited mistakes. but unless we figure out the special teams we wont win. at least we get another chance at it.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
A lot of hustle and some timely saves. They played well but not being to score is a big problem, which seems obvious but... Winning games by scoring 2 or 3 goals is not good. They need to buy a voodoo doll or an exorcist, it's insane.

Domi needs to just f***ing shoot. It's too obvious. Between him and Marner, it's so infuriating to see them do junior shit when it's so obvious.
:nod:

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
If Matthews is healthy, do you break up that Domi line?
I guess <shivering> that's a possibility to start the game. But how do you slot the team's best player lower in the lineup when we know he can take over a game himself?

I like the possibility of translating tonight's work ethic while utilizing Matthews a little differently. It would make for a heck of a chess match that Keefe, unfortunately, can't finesse.

And can you experiment like that in a must-win situation?

I like the thinking though. Especially with - most importantly - the work ethic on display that we need, that naturally seems to rise to the occasion when Matthews is absent.

Curious to confirm what our record without Matthews is.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
c6b19c11eaa062082276b051972ad69afb76d857.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad