Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We may lose Game 6 or Game 7 but at least didn’t go out with a wimper after the worst playoff effort in the last 20 years.

Maybe author a better end for Matthews season too if he can get healthy.
Win or lose game 6 it will depend how we play. If it’s like game 4 we definitely deserve the whimper monicker

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Keefe had a bad game. Reaves shouldn't have played 3rd period, let alone under 10 mins to go
Well, I meant on the ice, but Keefe hasn't had a good game since the 90s.

You gotta wonder how you defend starting Sammy the first four games. While he wasn't the reason we lost any of them, Woll just looks more composed and made saves like he was.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Crazy how you win games when you start the right goalie. LOL

1000008353.png

Having 4000IQ is a burden but I do my best

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Silly Rabbit, the Leafs will win Thursday. Game 7s are for losing :).

But maybe it's time to break the curse, who knows. Statistically it's almost anomaly territory for us to continue cupless since 67. Maybe this is just the year for bounces finally lol, you never know .
I won't believe the Leafs can do it until they actually do it. Been burned too many times. If they looked better and didn't have a pop gun offense it would be easier to believe they could beat the Bruins, but win or lose I just look at this as a win-win.

If the Leafs can comeback and beat the Bruins we exorcise some demons and get to see more playoff hockey. If we lose then I'm expecting some major moves in the offseason because we can't run it back with only minor changes.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nope.

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Holmberg - Kampf - Reaves

If McMann was back, we could run a pretty optimized lineup, especially since Boston is not a bruising team.

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - McMann
Holmberg - Kampf - Jarnkrok
I was thinking something similar

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Just hoping we can put some psychological damage on the Bruins with these kind of moments. How did we feel when Nick Suzuki scored in OT? How will Boston feel with the history they’ve had.
I expect Boston to lay an egg on Thursday.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
I think zero chance, but I hope they do.
They will ride with swayman just like we will ride with woll.

I’m glad we solved swayman tonight and proved we can score against him and win a game against him. He was in our heads until tonight.

Reactions: wingman75

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Mariner is still healing and recovering from his high ankle Sprain injury though. Silver lining- He looked much better tonight, his skating was much better and he was more mobile and comfortable skating and moving all over the ice. The Leafs got a Solid performance from him tonight, respect to him.

The buds are still alive
You can sell see it though. A couple times entering the zone and turning, he didn't have the ability to get on those edges and lost it.

Reactions: torontoblood

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I know people talk about leafs ptsd issues but what about the bruins? They might be having flashbacks from last year. We know how it feels, let them play tight even if their season isnt on the line yet.

Leafs were at rock bottom. Glad Boston has some pressure on them now. Csn we climb outta the hole we made, doubt it. But at least we didn't completely, shit the bed.
honestly the way this series has gone if we win next game, we win the series.

We probably won't win next game though.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
With Carlo not coming out for OT they went to Grz earlier than they would have otherwise and thank goodness JT recognized who he was up against and took it hard to the net. He was pretty putrid most of the game.

Some big performances from many of our top guys, I thought Holmberg, Jarnkrok and Kampf worked extremely hard.

We are playing our best 6 d... for better or worse; so no talk of Brodie unless there is an injury.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
hard fought game, deserved the win 100%

why did they wait until game 5 to start playing

oh well i said either Boston sweeps the series or wins it in 7

I guess it's the latter

Reactions: TMLife17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Think about this for a minute; what we did to Boston? That's what Montreal did to us in BOTH OT losses that year; first scoring chance in the net.

I think when you overload a top line to start OT to kill a cockroach and the cockroach scores a shitty goal on you. You feel not so good.

They also let Game 5 slip from Florida last year with a fresh goalie coming in relief.

Obviously we are the king of demons and bad history but this is another Original Six team with their own bullshit.

Reactions: torontoblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad