Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
that's just it... they deserved this one.

Bend but don't break.

Woll with some clutch saves.

Knies with a clutch goal.

Really need to crush them at home though Thursday. Swayman is most likely in and you have to f*** him up before there is a game 7. Make them really over think shit.

Please make it an easy win at home on Thursday.

They've planted the seed now.

Go Leafs Go

These two wins have shown there will not be an easy win ... unfortunately if they're going to win, it will be a tight 1 goal battle.

Their bigger thing should be to keep working at generating offense. Relying on 2 goals to win you a game puts you in a big risk.

Reactions: TMLife17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I said they would win this game, only to come back and lose the series at home. I hope I am wrong about the second half of that prediction.

I really want them to beat Boston and that cheating, rat-faced, piece of shit Marchand but I fear that making it to the second round will mean no changes this summer and they desperately need changes.

We may lose Game 6 or Game 7 but at least didn’t go out with a wimper after the worst playoff effort in the last 20 years.

Maybe author a better end for Matthews season too if he can get healthy.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He did. I don't know that anyone had a bad game. If we had this effort in every game, might not be needing this kind of comeback.

Slick Mitchy gonna take strays for the rest of his career though, sadly.

Keefe had a bad game. Reaves shouldn't have played 3rd period, let alone under 10 mins to go

Reactions: HockeyMad68

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
This just raises Leafs fans hope only for them to lose at home again. 😭😭😭

This is a nice win but damn the Leafs offense is still non-existent. Don't see them winning this series if this is all they can do.
Silly Rabbit, the Leafs will win Thursday. Game 7s are for losing :).

But maybe it's time to break the curse, who knows. Statistically it's almost anomaly territory for us to continue cupless since 67. Maybe this is just the year for bounces finally lol, you never know .

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
All I heard on that call was "GETS TAKEN BACK" when they said gets taken back for game 6 to Toronto and I wasn't even surprised thinking the goal could be overturned lmao.

Woll - softie to start the game but what more needs to be said? It was nice to get good goaltending for once. Keep going young man.
Domi - Max Domi is the most underappreciated forward on the team. Sure he should've shot instead of passing a few times but he shows up when it matters. If this team doesn't bring Max back they are very foolish.
Marner - Great game. Looked sharp all game forcing turnovers and buzzing in the ozone.
Bertuzzi - for Bertuzzi standards and his level of skill he did okay. Didn't take a penalty and screened their goalie on the first goal.
Knies - ofc he got the GWG but he looked good all game and was very responsible with the plays he made all game. Seemed to always make the right play.
Kampf - did the job he's hired to do, made responsible plays all game. Don't recall him making many mistakes

McCabe Benoit Lyubushkin Edmundson all looked good tonight.

I'm sure I forgot a few things. I missed a little bit of the game.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Crazy how you win games when you start the right goalie. LOL

I said to my wife before the series started that I didn't like Toronto's chances because of goaltending and coaching.

Woll should have been in sooner. But Keefe is going to be a pumpkin as usual.

Reactions: bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad