Value of: 1st Round Carolina Pick For A Center

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Ryan Strome for Jack Drury+Conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if Canes make ECF

Good locker room guy, adds on to Carolina’s former Rangers they have, and Rangers get Chris Drury’s nephew. Strome has cleaned up a lot of his flaws from years prior. Doesn’t take as many dumb penalties, defensive play won’t hurt you, and had 11 points in 10 games without Panarin this season

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ryan Strome for Jack Drury+Conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if Canes make ECF

Good locker room guy, adds on to Carolina’s former Rangers they have, and Rangers get Chris Drury’s nephew. Strome has cleaned up a lot of his flaws from years prior. Doesn’t take as many dumb penalties, defensive play won’t hurt you, and had 11 points in 10 games without Panarin this season
Someone didn't read the actual original post.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
What are the chances Hertl moves? 27 years old and on the last year of his deal on a team that isn't doing anything. Moving him could jump start a necessary rebuild for SJ. Would pay extra if we could negotiate a deal with him first as well.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Crazy how Kotkaniemi can go from untradeable a few months ago to being a traitor and only worth a late first and a 3rd as a 3rd overall pick who “just turned 21”
I get that KK scored goals in the playoffs in a way that Marner has never done before, but I don't recall Habs fans calling him untouchable. There were many willing to attach other assets to get an improvement or LHD help. Once Danault left, we had to keep him.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Crazy how Kotkaniemi can go from untradeable a few months ago to being a traitor and only worth a late first and a 3rd as a 3rd overall pick who “just turned 21”

You're shocked that a player's value dropped after signing a contract with an AAV of at least double what he is currently worth? He'll probably be worth at least that one day, but not yet.

He was also never untradeable as every Habs fan has been trying to build an Eichel proposal around him all summer, but his value would be significantly better on a bridge deal than at 6M with a 6M qualifying offer in a year.

It probably also hurts our negotiations with Suzuki on his next deal. Look at what happened to the Leafs.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What are the chances Hertl moves? 27 years old and on the last year of his deal on a team that isn't doing anything. Moving him could jump start a necessary rebuild for SJ. Would pay extra if we could negotiate a deal with him first as well.

Boston would be driving up the price I would imagine a few teams would have a young player and draft picks for him extended.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Also crazy how he wasn’t worth a high 2nd/late 1st round pick a few weeks ago, and now apparently Montreal would be getting fleeced by Carolina if they let him walk and took the 1st and 3rd. This forum kills me lmao

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Boston would be driving up the price I would imagine a few teams would have a young player and draft picks for him extended.

Montreal has a vastly better prospect pool than Boston and more picks (probably perceived to be better picks as well). There would be a bidding war for him, but I don't think the Bruins would have us beat.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Montreal has a vastly better prospect pool than Boston and more picks (probably perceived to be better picks as well). There would be a bidding war for him, but I don't think the Bruins would have us beat.

How many picks and prospects are they really going to waste "Going for it"
Suzuki and CC are going to need a boatload of capspace. The canes did them one hell of a dirty.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
How many picks and prospects are they really going to waste "Going for it"
Suzuki and CC are going to need a boatload of capspace. The canes did them one hell of a dirty.

How is adding a 27 year old top line centre "wasting" picks and prospects? Hertl makes less than Kotkaniemi this year and should only make 2-3 more than him next year. That is great value.

I know you are trying your hardest to make this some colossal loss for the Habs, but we'll be fine.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How is adding a 27 year old top line centre "wasting" picks and prospects? Hertl makes less than Kotkaniemi this year and should only make 2-3 more than him next year. That is great value.

I know you are trying your hardest to make this some colossal loss for the Habs, but we'll be fine.

There’s a quote I thought I’d never see.

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
The Canadiens do not deserve any compassion or favours. Offer sheeting Aho, leaving Price unprotected, drafting Mailloux... so my offer is Logan Brown for Carolina's first.

And the price for him is going up after midnight tonight. Every other team should make similar proposals.

Have fun cheering for your team with Cedric Pacquette as your 3C

LOL Karma's a bitch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad