Confirmed with Link: 1st round - #5OA - D Noah Hanifin - Boston College

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
*Waits for news that we're relocating to Quebec City*

remember when quebecor had that emergency press conference a few months ago and the whole boh board was like "zomg, we got the #hcanes"?

then it turned out the conference was too announce a metallica concert

man, those.... those was the times.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I remember a poster with a name like powahstruck was saying that his friend knew a guy who used to be a radio announcer in Quebec who said that the NHL was going to announce the first round of the playoffs that the 'Canes were relocating to Quebec City. And that this guy was never wrong.

I am not kidding.

There was also a Mod in that thread who knows Tripp Tracy, and was using Tripp's neutral answers to non-biased questions such as "Are the Hurricanes relocating?" as proof that they were relocating. And that he didn't want to buy a house.

I am not kidding here either.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/leafs-lunch-hour-2-1.321129

Listen to the angry caller at 6:30. More glorious commentary from Craig Button on Hanifin. Zach Werenski is better than Hanifin, and a lot of NHL teams don't buy that he is the #1 defenseman this draft. :)

This is classic Aftermath fodder. I just wish we could hear "If you're the Toronto Maple Leafs".

This has noting to do with Leafs, Button hasn't liked Hanifin for most of the year and it shows in his personal rankings.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
#norwayposer

I'll see your "Carolina Girl" wannabe and raise you this

500af174a881636dd779f877319f51a0.jpg

In either case, there's a good reason for an 18 year old young man to want to be a Cane.

hey, we're the "carolina #hcanes" not just the north ones.

#2gether4evr

10818301_10152470412082409_2320413149281880141_o.jpg

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
This has noting to do with Leafs, Button hasn't liked Hanifin for most of the year and it shows in his personal rankings.

Yes, I understand. Button is a media guy who I think loves putting a bit of a contrarian opinion out there and is not affiliated with the Leafs. Long story short, our "Aftermath" post-game radio guy, Mike Maniscalco, has a notorious habit of using the phrase "If you're the Carolina Hurricanes" about 10 times per broadcast.

In any event I'm glad Noah Hanifin is not a "creampuff". :laugh: What fabulous analysis by the caller.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I am Leafs fan and must admit that Button is an idiot. Toronto's media is probably the worst that I've experienced worldwide. Button is part of that and how he describes Hanifin tells me that he's never watched him.

Hanifin is an offensive defenceman with an elite D game. Just because he isn't a shooter doesn't mean we're not dealing with an offensive stud. He moves the puck extremely well and has a booming shot. Keeps shots low and will help drive assists via deflections/ rebounds. Add intelligence, top end creativity and excellent skating and you have a complete defenceman.

All in all, I think he will be as important to Carolina as Marner/ Strome on their teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad