1st Overall: The Responsible Parties?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Going to start a third thread and make this topic a trilogy.

Not Waiting Until the Post-Season and Seeing How They Respond After Last Year's Historic Choke Job Before Assigning Either Credit Or Blame For Whatever Fate Awaits Them This Year: The Responsible Parties!?

Where’s the fun in that though?

Reactions: goldnblack

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Not Waiting Until the Post-Season and Seeing How They Respond After Last Year's Historic Choke Job Before Assigning Either Credit Or Blame For Whatever Fate Awaits Them This Year: The Responsible Parties!?
Early prediction:

1) the refs
2) montgomery
3)injuries

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The team is like Grzelcyk.

Flash regular season where they can take advantage of things and rely on a few good traits but will once again get shut down in the playoffs when the intensity steps up.

The offense is 1 person, Pastrnak. He is the tide that is lifting all the boats. Slow him down and it's over

Reactions: capecodder

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’m cautiously optimistic about this team. The only way they have been getting beat on a regular basis is in the skills competition overtime games. That doesn’t mean anything in the playoffs. This team is battling way more than last year’s team. And the goalies have something to prove after last year’s letdown. I’m hopeful, but grounded just in case, but I’ve been a Boston sports fan for 50 years, I’m very familiar with disappointments.

Reactions: PB37

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Goaltending
Donnies Dollar Store add ons
Culture

And this:

Together, Coyle (career high 23 goals) and Zacha (17 goals) will enter Tuesday night’s game here vs. the Senators with 100 points through 69 games. They are on a pace to deliver a combined 119 points. Bergeron (58) and Krejci (56), each with 1,000-plus games on their resumes, drove the boat last season with a combined 114 points. The Coyle-Zacha ascendancy to the top two center spots has been truly remarkable.
I agree, you have two players that there was a lot of doubt that they could handle the challenge and in my opinion tells a lot of the type of competitors they are and really stepped up, and good for them. I also would like to add watching Frederics and Geekie this year has been interesting watching two young players growing into solid NHL players, and it has been fun to watch, and just maybe in the not to distant future we might see Beecher put into that category.......

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I blame the other teams at the top of the standings. Someone else win the presidents trophy, I beg of thee

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
easy answer is goaltending or even Montgomery’s system. I can agree with those.

I think Coyle has been absolutely massive this season for them. He filled a hole that many thought would be impossible to do given who he was replacing. I genuinely think he hasn’t gotten enough credit.

Zacha as well.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
No team in the NHL has fewer loses in regulation. Just saying...

18th in the league in GA in the 3rd period. Last in the league in GA when a goalie is pulled giving up 10 goals. Not being able to close games is a major issue. Keep giving good teams a kick at the can and it will bite you.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
18th in the league in GA in the 3rd period. Last in the league in GA when a goalie is pulled giving up 10 goals. Not being able to close games is a major issue. Keep giving good teams a kick at the can and it will bite you.

I think it's a testament to just how good the Bruins are that they keep shooting themselves in the foot when trying to close out games and the best the other team can do is bring it to a tie after 60 minutes. They can't keep playing that game of roulette though or else we'll all be on anxiety meds for the playoffs.

Reactions: Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

1st

in the NHL :cool:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

We should do a Deadline type of thread and award winners. Guess the top three answers the Bruins apologists and bobos will say is the reason they lost and then contrast it with what the actual reasons they lost.

My entry for when they lose the excuses will be:
1, The refs
2. Not enough grit and jam on the roster
3. Marchand is a bad captain

While in reality it's because:
1. Lack of top 6 players
2. Sweeney's roster full of bottom 6 plugs
3. The players they slotted up over their actual abilities will be exposed in the playoffs because they're nothing more than a one line team for the 10th consecutive season.

The team they play basically has to shut Pasta down and they'll win. The margin for error is microscopic.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The team they play basically has to shut Pasta down and they'll win. The margin for error is microscopic.
So that’s why they’ve struggled all year and lost so many games against playoff teams right? All four (4) of those losses in regulation due to shutting Pasta down?

Or is it that all the teams we’ve beaten are too stupid to know that all they have to do is shut Pasta down and they would have won?

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So that’s why they’ve struggled all year and lost so many games against playoff teams right? All four (4) of those losses in regulation due to shutting Pasta down?

Or is it that all the teams we’ve beaten are too stupid to know that all they have to do is shut Pasta down and they would have won?
Are you really suggesting that the regular season and the playoffs are same? LOFL!!

You’ve said some things over the years that have been wild but this could be one of the hottest of your hot takes….:biglaugh:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Are you really suggesting that the regular season and the playoffs are same? LOFL!!

You’ve said some things over the years that have been wild but this could be one of the hottest of your hot takes….:biglaugh:
Help me understand…if the team is so poorly constructed that all teams have to do to win is shut down one player, then why don’t they do that in the regular season? Are they just too stupid to see it?

Reactions: goldnblack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad