1st GDT

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Anyone have Roy's original image? It's no longer showing up in the OP.

If you could, post it here:

and here:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1508871

Weird I didn't touch my Photobucket account since I posted it... I'll do a little investigation on my side. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

edit: Seems my account has reached its limit. Great... I deleted an old album and it still says I've reached the limit. I'll try to find a solution.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

C'est poche...! My options are: 1) get the 'Plus subscription' to get it activated again (not very comfortable using my credit card number even if I trust them), 2) it will reset back in less than a month, so I can wait until then or 3) open a new account, copy everything and update it (with the authorization/help of a mod) and maybe a few other ones.

Until then, I obviously still have all my original files if needed and I will open account #2 for future GDTs. Sorry...

PricePkPatch*

Weird I didn't touch my Photobucket account since I posted it... I'll do a little investigation on my side. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

edit: Seems my account has reached its limit. Great... I deleted an old album and it still says I've reached the limit. I'll try to find a solution.

You have reached the limit of accessible download. Basically, how many people have checked up your pictures, or the pages where you linked your pictures.

Since you have becomed popular, Photobucket is basically telling you you have became a cash cow for them and it's time to pay up. Congratulations.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
You have reached the limit of accessible download. Basically, how many people have checked up your pictures, or the pages where you linked your pictures.

Since you have becomed popular, Photobucket is basically telling you you have became a cash cow for them and it's time to pay up. Congratulations.

That's what I figured since all of the jpegs files used for the last GDT amount to 3 megs. On one hand it's kinda cool, but I'm pretty bumbed that we can't see those GDTs...

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Photobucket is terrible. I still have thousands of files there, but I moved to imgur (not perfect, but more reliable)

Concur with imgur. It's what I use.

Photobucket will reset your limit after 30 days, which means that your masterful work is going to appear/disappear there until the end of times, or the end of the Internet (whichever comes first).

I was using Photobucket for a while, then got served the same lesson Roy learned this week. Flickr is the same as Photobucket: vampires after your money. It's sad, though, because at least all your work was available online on one page. (I'm kinda proud of the work I posted there over the last 2 years.) Can you do that with imgur? Can you register and have your own account/page?

(looking at you, MiG and Bryson)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Roy you have to get your stuff back up - your GDT blows everyone elses out of the water.

I'm going to get photoshop back so I'll join in on the fun soon...

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Photobucket will reset your limit after 30 days, which means that your masterful work is going to appear/disappear there until the end of times, or the end of the Internet (whichever comes first).

I was using Photobucket for a while, then got served the same lesson Roy learned this week. Flickr is the same as Photobucket: vampires after your money. It's sad, though, because at least all your work was available online on one page. (I'm kinda proud of the work I posted there over the last 2 years.) Can you do that with imgur? Can you register and have your own account/page?

Yeah, I saw that 30 days thing. I'll manage to find a website to host my stuff (I'll go check out imgur), Worst thing that happens is that I'll have to go from site to site. I'm the GDT Vagabond :laugh:

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Roy you have to get your stuff back up - your GDT blows everyone elses out of the water.

I'm going to get photoshop back so I'll join in on the fun soon...

The one from last tuesday is back on since about 10am this morning. BTW I don't think I ever talked to you directly, but know that I always enjoy reading your posts.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com

Yes, you can have your own account and "gallery" page. I just sign in with my twitter account, so there's no need to register. Once you're logged in, all your files will be available on one page, where you can add them to sub-albums, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad