1st Annual HF Habs WJC Pool

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Greetings all, I thought it'd be fun to get our own WJC pool going this year.

We're going to piggyback on the rules of some long-running pools on the International Tourney forum. Keeps it simple and seems to work well. So, to the nitty gritty...

The Draft:

- We will run a snake draft as it seems to be the most equitable way to run a smaller pool.

- Each team will draft 6 forwards, 3 defencemen, and 1 goalie.

- We can run the draft asap, and will begin once the final two spots fill. We'll need to finish up no later than Saturday evening (Xmas day), which is obviously a day that none of us should be spending with our internet friends. So in an ideal world, we'll finish the drafting up by Friday.

- If you are tied up, no worries - just send me a list in advance. Otherwise, we'll auto-pick after ~5 hrs w/rt to the draft results of Statsy's current pool.

The Scoring System:

- Goals = 1 point
- Assists = 1 point
- Shutouts = 2 points
- Wins = 2 points

We are good to go!

@MarkovsKnee
@Goldenhands
@donghabs98
@Sagikev
@MON4NHLTOR4MLB
@covfefe
@TheYardMachine
@bopeep
@PhysicX

View attachment 493203

PhysicX.jpg

GH.jpg

sagikev.jpg

yardmachine.jpg

mk.jpg
covfefe.jpg
dong.jpg

mon4.jpg

bopeep.jpg

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Greetings all, I thought it'd be fun to get our own WJC pool going this year.

We're going to piggyback on the rules of some long-running pools on the International Tourney forum. Keeps it simple and seems to work well. So, to the nitty gritty...

The Draft:

- We will run a snake draft as it seems to be the most equitable way to run a smaller pool.

- Each team will draft 6 forwards, 3 defencemen, and 1 goalie.

- We can run the draft asap, and will begin once the final two spots fill. We'll need to finish up no later than Saturday evening (Xmas day), which is obviously a day that none of us should be spending with our internet friends. So in an ideal world, we'll finish the drafting up by Friday.

- If you are tied up, no worries - just send me a list in advance. Otherwise, we'll auto-pick after ~5 hrs w/rt to the draft results of Statsy's current pool.

The Scoring System:

- Goals = 1 point
- Assists = 1 point
- Shutouts = 2 points
- Wins = 2 points

We are good to go!

@MarkovsKnee
@Goldenhands
@donghabs98
@Sagikev
@MON4NHLTOR4MLB
@covfefe
@TheYardMachine
@bopeep
When is the draft taking place? I'm interested.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
When is the draft taking place? I'm interested.

You are in if you'd like to join. I do think we should cap this at 9 since we are late to the punch on the draft. We'll start ASAP via randomizer

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
We are all set to go once @PhysicX confirms. Some last minute thoughts I had:

- Given the state of affairs in the world, if a player is ruled out w/ COVID or injury prior to the event, he can be replaced. We'll hold a replacement draft in the event that this becomes an issue

- Goalie assists, in the unlikely event they occur, will count

- Any necessary tiebreaks will be decided by total goals

- please feel free to PM me a list in the event that you won't be around for a while

- there will be a 5 hour timer after round 2. 1AM-8AM quiet hours on everyone's local time. feel free to let me know if you are in an unusual timezone so we can better coordinate

- draft order determined via Draft Order Generator - Fantasy Sports Draft Order Generator

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Suuree. I will learn and build my team on the fly. Reminds me of my years in University, learning about a subject matter with about two weeks left to the finals.

Marc Bergevin 2.0

Reactions: covfefe

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Alright then! We are set to go with round 1 of the draft. No clock for the first 2 rounds, but of course let's please try to be timely. Please PM the next GM after you've made your pick.

Here is the order of operations for the first 4 rounds, via randomizer:

Mock order 1-4.jpg

@bopeep is up with the 1st pick!

just so everyone has a heads up:

1) @bopeep
2) @MarkovsKnee
3) @covfefe
4) @donghabs98
5) @MON4NHLTOR4MLB
6) @Sagikev
7) @Goldenhands
8) @TheYardMachine
9) @PhysicX

snake from there, hopefully helps the pace as well

Last edited:

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Hm. I'm kind of thinking we should nix the no auto for the first 2 round rule here. Going to be hard to get through this if we have to wait much longer, nothing against Sagikev at all but we are up against the clock having started this a bit late.

thoughts?

Last edited:

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Sorry guys, just got out of a meeting. As discussed, we’ll auto according to picks made in Statsy’s pool.

Sagikev takes Jesper Wallstedt, G, Sweden.

@Goldenhands is up and has been PM’d.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Great recovery there. OP will be kept updated w/ all picks for everyone’s benefit. Let’s keep it rolling!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad