Blue Jays Discussion: 1B Chris Colabello tests positive for PEDs; Suspended 80 games by MLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I want to jump in on the trade Tulo/Martin thing. Tulo, if he doesn't bounce back, I can see trying to unload. We have capable, above average defensive infielders who can take over for the foreseeable future. Their bats? Well, I'll take the trade off for the massive reduction in salary. But trade Russell Martin? Sure, it would free up salary to sign Jose and EE, but who do we replace him with in the meantime, and for the next few years? Oh, you say...we'll get a comparable catcher back in the deal. Dream on. If we're unloading him because he's not hitting, we're going to get scraps back in return. We have no capable backups in the minors, and I think every starting pitcher on this staff, save Dickey, will tell you that Russell Martin's play calling is one of the main reasons why we are currently leading the AL in quality starts. If our bullpen wasn't ******** the bed all the time, we'd be running away with the division already. So dealing Martin to sign JB and EE is biting off your nose to spite your face. Premature, and, unless we somehow stumble across a suitable replacement, ill advised.

Francisco Cervelli :dunno:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I've never understood why JD bats 2nd. You got a guy with that power and that ability to be clutch batting 2 spots below 9th when the order rolls over, what are the odds a guy batting 8th or 9th will be on base when JD comes up?

We need two high OBP hitters with speed in the top two spots then JD, then Bats, then EE.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I've never understood why JD bats 2nd. You got a guy with that power and that ability to be clutch batting 2 spots below 9th when the order rolls over, what are the odds a guy batting 8th or 9th will be on base when JD comes up?

We need two high OBP hitters with speed in the top two spots then JD, then Bats, then EE.

Him batting 2nd gives him more plate appearances.

I also like to think we have the toughest first inning in baseball..

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
More plate appearances.

The bottom of the order being on base for the top was one of the straws that stirred the drink offensively last year. Happened fairly frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad