1999-2000 schedule

Lupul1990

Aug 30, 2006
Does anyone know how schedule looked in 1999-2000?
There were 13 teams in Western Conference and 15 teams in Eastern Conference.
Central Division and Northwest Divison had 4 teams while the others had 5 teams. Did they had 18 divisional games instead of 24? Which teams did they play against in these 6 "extra" games?
We might see a similar situation next year if there's 4 divisions (14 teams in West and 16 in East).

Master_Of_Districts

Apr 9, 2007
Black Ruthenia
I have the all regular season games from that year in an excel document. I just wrote a script to determine how many times each team played every other team. The format appears to have been ultra-screwy.

I don't even know if it's possible to give a condensed summary.

I'll try to come up with something, though.

Lupul1990

Aug 30, 2006
I hope that it is possible ;). So based on your comment, I guess they came up with some twisted idea to make it work.

Master_Of_Districts

Apr 9, 2007
Black Ruthenia
Yeah, the format doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason.

For example, the Northeast division teams all played each other 5 times. They also each played 20 games against teams from the Atlantic.

But then it gets a bit screwy. MTL, BOS, BUF and OTT each played 20 games against SE teams. But TOR only played 17 games against SE teams, with only 3 games against FLA, T.B and ATL. And whereas the other four teams played 22 interconference games, TOR played 25.

Stuff like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad