1997 Flyers vs. Rangers

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
17 yrs ago, and this is one of the greatest series I remember.

I was 10 yrs old and I idolized this Flyers team. Lindros, Leclair, Brindamour, Renberg, Desjardins, and Klatt

It was a great series and a great playoff run. Too bad the Wings were a better team.

I want the Flyers to know, that this team is as good and many times better then 1997. We can beat the Rangers again, it just takes Flyers Hockey.

Heres to the 2014 playoff cup run. If you believe or dont, I dont know any other way to cheer the Flyers. It is time to bring the cup back to Philadelphia. I will always believe no matter what. Lets go Flyers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was 6 at the time so my memory is pretty fuzzy in regards to it but I remember the SCF & the letdown more than I do this series but good thing people put highlights of them on the Internet like the ones above so I can watch them. :laugh:

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I remember the lost to Detroit as vividly as I do Chicago.

Its so hard to see your team lose. Even when you have the magical run the 2010 team did.

I always imagine the Flyers as SC winners no matter what. If I didnt, then there wouldnt be any other team to root for.

Win or lose, Philadelphia has my heart and soul.

And thats coming from someone who was born outside of the U.S.

I know we have the heart. Lets take it to the Finals boys.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
-our goal tending sucked that series, no wonder Detroit bent us over in the finals
-lol Snow's pads
-Beukeboom was a dirty sob
-Lindros was in his prime

RJ8812*

The amount of interference and obstruction Lindros had to play through was disgusting. I remember (sort of) when we played Florida (96?) and Jovanoski was literally on Lindros' back the entire series.

Could you imagine how even more dominant Lindros would be if he was playing now?

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
17 yrs ago, and this is one of the greatest series I remember.

I was 10 yrs old and I idolized this Flyers team. Lindros, Leclair, Brindamour, Renberg, Desjardins, and Klatt

It was a great series and a great playoff run. Too bad the Wings were a better team.

I want the Flyers to know, that this team is as good and many times better then 1997. We can beat the Rangers again, it just takes Flyers Hockey.

Heres to the 2014 playoff cup run. If you believe or dont, I dont know any other way to cheer the Flyers. It is time to bring the cup back to Philadelphia. I will always believe no matter what. Lets go Flyers.

Well said brotha! I was a toddler at the time (3 yrs old) so I have no recollection of the 97 series, but I'm sure as hell ready for 2014.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The amount of interference and obstruction Lindros had to play through was disgusting. I remember (sort of) when we played Florida (96?) and Jovanoski was literally on Lindros' back the entire series.

Could you imagine how even more dominant Lindros would be if he was playing now?

The typical response from the main boards on this question would be "he would be thrown out of the league for all the dirty stuff he pulled".

The dude was dirty not denying that one bit but so was every other player with a physical bone in his body that played in the 90's. Plus a good amount of his antics were in retaliation from other players doing dirty stuff to him.

I don't think a player has ever had the target on his back like Lindros did in the history of the NHL because guys knew the guy wasn't a ***** & would engage physically so there was always a good chance to take him off the ice.

I laugh when Pens fans cry about Crosby & claim he has the biggest target on his back because it pales in comparasion to one Lindros had back in the day where the rules basically allowed a player to do whatever the hell they wanted with little to no consequences.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
:laugh: @ foxtrax in those highlights... Always liked those statue of liberty jerseys the Rangers had.

I was 9 when they played this series, so my only actual memory of it is Lindros scoring at the end of game 4. Lots of those players' names make me nostalgic though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad