• Jamie Mclennan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Following the great success of the 1990 draft re-do I've decided to continue onto 1991.

Same rules as last one: You pick the best player from the 10 listed. The catch still exists with 2 LW, 2 C, 2 RW, 2 D and 2 G per poll so if a centre gets picked in a poll another centre will replace him in the next one.

Here is the on tap to be added board for this poll:

LW: Martin Rucinsky
C: Brian Rolston
RW: Glen Murray
D: Alexei Zhitnik
G: Steve Shields

Here is a link to the 1991 draft:

1991 NHL Entry Draft | Hockey-Reference.com

Up at #1 is the Quebec Nordiques who went with Eric Lindros; Lindros is on the board here but do the Nordiques go for the same situation again with Lindros or do they go in another direction? Let's find out.

Here in Poll 1 I drafted Peter Forsberg #1 to Quebec.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I still go with Lindros if I'm the Nordiques. The return they got for him made it worth it even if he didn't sign.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Forsberg for me but I totally understand those who pick Lindros. Cant see any other viable option for #1 even if players like Naslund and Niedermayer also were amazing.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I think Forsberg was the best player from this draft due to the effects of the concussions and injuries Lindros suffered.

However, at the time of the draft, the only sensible choice was Lindros considering all that hype and promise, the potential for marketability, the possible trade value etc.

Basically, there's no WAY anyone else was going first overall in '91.

And as another poster alluded to: The return was IMMENSE (and it included Forsberg).

If voting is supposed to be based on projections at the time of the draft, Lindros is the correct choice. If it's meant to be based on hindsight only, then I think he's still the practical choice because drafting and trading him really put the Nordiques over the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad