14) BUF - Aaron Miller
15) EDM - Wes Walz
16) PIT - Rob Zaumner
17) BOS - Trent Klatt
18) NJ - Dallas Drake
19) WSH - Travis Green
20) NYR - Vladamir Malakhov
21) TOR - Biron Dafoe

Decent Draft..... let me know what you think..

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Epsilon said:
You left out Vladimir Konstantinov.

Yeah the reason I did that is because his career was in the decline when these teams got him. Also, they didn't know if he was actually going to come over....

I probably could have fit him in from 10 onward... but I didn't feel comfortable with that.... he's an awesome player though

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Douggy said:
Move Fedorov up to 2.

2 to 4 are VERY arguable... I see Bure as the most dangerous player and most effective in his prime.... Sundin is just consistent as hell and a great leader and all around player.... Federov is very dynamic... he's had an awesome career.. but int he end I think Sundin and Bure were better choices..... he's still amazing though dont get me wrong in that regard.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Vast Ant Dioi said:
Agreed. Barnes should be behind Kolzig...Barnes > Audette, Draper, and the argument could be made for Barnes > Reichel.

Barnes should not be selected higher than Kris Draper....

Audette and him would be arguable.... Audette has quietly scored alot of goals in his time , when he hasnt been injured.

Vast Ant Dioi

Jun 16, 2003
Xunantunich
thenewnhl.blogspot.com
Kris Draper: 724 108 128 236 526
Stu Barnes: 897 221 292 513 328

Granted, stats certainly aren't everything, especially in Draper's case. However, I think Draper has benefited a lot by being on the last decade's best team. Barnes has lead two sub-par teams to the finals and put up very consistent stats along the way.

In the end, this one will come down to personal opinion.

However, I think that Barnes is > than Audette is an easy one. I can tell you who 99% of NHL GMs would rather have now...

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Had Bure not missed so many games these past few seasons and kept up the type of scoring production he had throughout most his career, he could IMO challenge Sundin for 2nd overall...not knocking Sundin's talent and impact but Bure was such a dominate goal scorer, that you can forgive his defensive lapses

15+17=Cup

Jul 14, 2004
Vast Ant Dioi said:
Kris Draper: 724 108 128 236 526
Stu Barnes: 897 221 292 513 328

Granted, stats certainly aren't everything, especially in Draper's case. However, I think Draper has benefited a lot by being on the last decade's best team. Barnes has lead two sub-par teams to the finals and put up very consistent stats along the way.

In the end, this one will come down to personal opinion.

However, I think that Barnes is > than Audette is an easy one. I can tell you who 99% of NHL GMs would rather have now...

I'm sure 99% of NHL GMs would rather have Draper than Barnes too.
I like it but I think Konstantinov should be there, and Audette should be below Barnes. Decent draft for non-first rounders, but certainly not the best drafting I've seen from round 1...

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
15+17=Cup said:
I'm sure 99% of NHL GMs would rather have Draper than Barnes too.
I like it but I think Konstantinov should be there, and Audette should be below Barnes. Decent draft for non-first rounders, but certainly not the best drafting I've seen from round 1...

Yah now that i think about it Konsty should be there....

and Barnes is better than Audette... but i just felt that audette should get pick higher.. just my opinion lol

capman29

monster_bertuzzi said:
1-Lidstrom
2-Fedorov
3-Bure
4-Sundin

Fedorov is the best player out of that draft ( total package )
Bure best goal scorer
Sundin best over all offsensive player
Lidstron is the product of the great team he plays for . Put him on a bad team and his game is not great overrated IMO but a good not great player

Bet you senator fans wish you had players like fedorov,bure & sundin because you would have a great team and would not have given alfredsson so much money

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I would still take Sundin second. He has been consistently better offensively than Fedorov and he is no slouch on defense (he is no selke winner either though). Bure has been injured too much to warrant picking him over Sundin. The bottom line is that at age 33 Sundin is as good as he was at age 21 while Fedorov and Bure have faded (Bure more so).

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
capman29 said:
Bure best goal scorer
Lidstron is the product of the great team he plays for . Put him on a bad team and his game is not great overrated IMO but a good not great player

Bet you senator fans wish you had players like fedorov,bure & sundin because you would have a great team and would not have given alfredsson so much money

The greatness of the Red Wings is more a product of Lidstrom than the other way round.

devildan

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
Yeah the reason I did that is because his career was in the decline when these teams got him. Also, they didn't know if he was actually going to come over....

I probably could have fit him in from 10 onward... but I didn't feel comfortable with that.... he's an awesome player though

WHAAAAA? Vlad was on his way to becoming one of the most dominant defensive d-men in the league before his accident. Who are YOU thinking of?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
devildan said:
WHAAAAA? Vlad was on his way to becoming one of the most dominant defensive d-men in the league before his accident. Who are YOU thinking of?

HE didn't impress me much when I watched him.... just my opinion though...

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Cup4Wings said:
When you watched him you were a twelve/thirteen year old punk. You didn't have an opinion yet!

Good one..... your jokes are about at the level of a 12/13 year olds maturity now... anyways, your obviosuly some loser who needs to try to carve people on hockey message boards, cause you were too afraid to do it in real life... real tough. lol anyways continue with your bias commentary and your ridiculous personal attacks cause your soo tough over the computer.....

be constructive , not an idiot...

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
capman29 said:
Bure best goal scorer

Ok, so, Lidstrom is a product of being on a great team, yet Fedorov who has played all but one season in Detroit, does not get discriminated against in the same manner?

Flawed logic.

And the shot the Senators kind of baffles me. Completely baffles me in fact. Alfredsson got about 5.5 million a year. Hardly overpayment considering Mats Sundin is getting 9 million a year while contributing roughly the same amount to his team.

Also for my money...

1) Lidstrom
2) Bure
3) Fedorov
4) Sundin

IMO, the last two are interchangeable. Lidstrom is the best defenceman of his era, and Bure was one of the great pure goal scorers maybe ever. Fedorov and Sundin were consistent all-round threats, but Fedorov has only one season of 70 or more points in about the last 8 or 9, and Sundin's a consistent 70-80 point player.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
ktownhockey said:
Good one..... your jokes are about at the level of a 12/13 year olds maturity now... anyways, your obviosuly some loser who needs to try to carve people on hockey message boards, cause you were too afraid to do it in real life... real tough. lol anyways continue with your bias commentary and your ridiculous personal attacks cause your soo tough over the computer.....

be constructive , not an idiot...

I was just stating that you were too young to judge Vlad. Sorry I got under your skin, should have left off that "punk" comment, eh? I didn't mean my reply to be construded as an attack, sorry dude.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Cup4Wings said:
I was just stating that you were too young to judge Vlad. Sorry I got under your skin, should have left off that "punk" comment, eh? I didn't mean my reply to be construded as an attack, sorry dude.

No problem.....
and ive been a good judge of talent since I was real young... In this draft situation though I didn;t want to pick him because he was older than the draft age by quite a bit.. and I didn't think he was a top D

with the wings I thought he was steady... nothing spectacular.. but a solid NHL defenceman ...
too bad about that accident though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad