F Anton Zagorodniy 6gp 1-1=2 pts 6pm
F Aleksandr Galchenyuk 6gp 1-1=2 pts 8pm
F Dmitriy Medvedev 6gp 1-0=1 pts 2pm
F Sergey Fedorov 6gp 0-0=0 pts 8pm
G Valeri Ivannikov 6gp 20 GA
G Vadim Privalov 1gp 0 GA

Coaches: Vladimir Vasilyev,
Valentina Gureyev

Note: statistics do not take into account match with Canada.

USSR-POLAND - 7:3 (3:2, 3:0, 1:1) Kostichkin-2, Galchenyuk, Davydov, Mogilny, Zelepukin, Kerch

USSR-SWITZERLAND - 8:0 (2:0, 4:0, 2:0) Kerch-2, Shesterikov-2, Kostichkin, Medvedev, Davydov, Zagorodniy

USSR-FINLAND - 4:5 (2:3, 0:1, 2:1) Kerch, Mogilny, Tsygurov, Zelepukin

USSR-CZECHOSLOVAKIA - 3:5 (0:2, 1:2, 2:1) Mogilny, Konstantinov, Smirnov

USSR-SWEDEN - 3:3 (1:2, 0:0, 2:1) Kerch, Kostichkin, Davydov

USSR-USA - 2:4 (1:1, 1:1, 0:2) Kerch, Monayenkov

The final match of USSR-CAN was interrupted, when time clock showed 33 minutes and 53 seconds of playing time,with score 4:2 in favour of Canadians, because of fighting on ice in which participated players of both commands.

On the solution of IIHF, the commands of USSR and CAN were both disqualified and remained without places in the total qualification. At the same time, the results of other matches with their participation are left valid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaysfanatic*

Boy.......Fedorov, Mogilny, Malakhov, Davydov, Zelepukin I can't believe it!

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
If I am not mistaken it had something to do with Zelepukin. His shoulder was beaten out and the Soviet coach told his players to take some revenge.

KariyaIsGod*

I actually own a copy of this game if anybody is interested. The sound quality isn't great but I'd be willing to copy it if anybody wants to shell out a few bucks my way.

Jaysfanatic*

Slay said:
If I am not mistaken it had something to do with Zelepukin. His shoulder was beaten out and the Soviet coach told his players to take some revenge.

Wow :eek: I always loved Valeri, so Im glad he wasn't fighting in it.

brian

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
The game itself was very chippy and I put some of the blame on the referee Ronning who seemed to be out of his element at that level. It is also ironic that the two teams shared a moment of silence honouring the four Swift Current Bronco players a few minutes before the brawl.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Shanahan I believe was the first Canadian over the boards, followed by Luke. I believe there's a quote out there from Shanahan about that.

ar_emihcrd

Macman said:
I saw the game. Canada WAS ahead 4-2 and were threatening to run away with it when the brawl began. The fights, of course, were also one-sided.

Who cares? Russia - 12 gold medals. Canada - 10 gold medals. End of story. Russia wins - you lose.

Jaysfanatic*

ar_emihcrd said:
Who cares? Russia - 12 gold medals. Canada - 10 gold medals. End of story. Russia wins - you lose.

Russia = sissies.

You lose.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Slay said:

I believe he was cross checked at center ice with the ref watching. No penalties were given, which gives you an idea how lost the ref was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad