Kevin McHale

Dominique Wilkins

Hakeem Olajuwon

Alex English

Anyone im missing?

Better than 1992 dream team?

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
Jordan hadn't played an NBA game yet, so he might not have been included unless there was a Laettner rule. It was probably a year too soon for Worthy and Dominique. Hakeem wasn't a US citizen yet, so wouldn't have been eligible.

Bernard King was the first name that I thought of that was missing. Probably Adrian Dantley as well.

As for which team would be better, that's a tough call. Would you rather have prime Magic and Bird or prime Jordan?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dantley had just led the league in scoring 2 of the last 3 years, but I wonder if we’d find a spot for Andrew Toney.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dantley had just led the league in scoring 2 of the last 3 years, but I wonder if we’d find a spot for Andrew Toney.

George Gervin league the league in scoring right before Dantley did and was still putting up 26/game so I wonder if they would include him as well.

Moncrief if they want a lockdown defender.

Maybe with no Bad Boy Pistons antics (or enemies) in play yet, Isiah makes the team too.

Jordan hadn't played an NBA game yet, so he might not have been included unless there was a Laettner rule. It was probably a year too soon for Worthy and Dominique. Hakeem wasn't a US citizen yet, so wouldn't have been eligible.

Bernard King was the first name that I thought of that was missing. Probably Adrian Dantley as well.

As for which team would be better, that's a tough call. Would you rather have prime Magic and Bird or prime Jordan?

Not convinced KAJ accepts an invite. IIRC he declined to play in 68 due to protest reasons. Maybe by 84 he softened up on that stance but its 50/50.

PROGFAN66

Feb 10, 2019
What would such a team look like?

James Worthy

Julius Erving

Michael Jordan

Isaiah Thomas

Moses Malone

Magic Johnson

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Larry Bird

Kevin McHale

Dominique Wilkins

Hakeem Olajuwon

Alex English

Anyone im missing?

Better than 1992 dream team?

Michael Jordan was just drafted and played on the 1984 team which was all college players. James Worthy and Dominique Wilkins had not reached their peak as players. Hakeem was was just drafted and had not played in the NBA yet.

I do remember the 1984 Olympic team routinely were beating the NBA exhibition teams when they were preparing for the Olympics.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It seems like yesterday. The starters would have obviously been Kareem, Bird, Magic, Isiah, and Bernard King.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad