1983 Delorean anyone?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oh lord have mercy. ask for a test-drive!
they really do look like 70's-80's space ships.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Neat cars for sure. For the kids on here, youll have to "go back" and watch Back to the Future to see this baby in action.

Ill raise you one Fiero

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I've seen one (probably a replica) driving around Nanaimo, BC on occasion. Pretty cool looking car.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
There was a guy around here that bought 2 of them in the late 90's early 2000's when they were relatively cheap. I recall one being driveable the other needed work. I think he sat on them until they appreciated enough to sell them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From what I've understood they're really not very good cars. I remember when they were on the Forza Motorsport series, maybe 4th one and it despite upgrading it fully, it just wouldn't stand a chance against other equal level cars in online races with my mates. :laugh: Plus the scene in the latest season of Orange Is The New Black where Luschek has bought himself one and it breaks down and refuses to start. :laugh:

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
From what I've understood they're really not very good cars..

Yeah, they weren't very fast/capable of high speed; my uncle had one back in the day.. but the butterfly doors were cool. And I assume they'll always have McFly' nostalgic value..

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
From what I've understood they're really not very good cars. I remember when they were on the Forza Motorsport series, maybe 4th one and it despite upgrading it fully, it just wouldn't stand a chance against other equal level cars in online races with my mates. :laugh: Plus the scene in the latest season of Orange Is The New Black where Luschek has bought himself one and it breaks down and refuses to start. :laugh:

To be fair if you'd buy a 1983 Lamborghini you'd probably be having the same experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad