Prospect Info: 196th overall — C Axel Holmstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He just signed a three year deal with Skellefteå. I hope the U20 games are over for him and he either gets to play with their SHL team or is loaned to the Allsvenskan.

Was surprised he lasted so long as he got a lot of coverage thanks to his points at the U18's.

Shyguy

Mar 20, 2010
He just signed a three year deal with Skellefteå. I hope the U20 games are over for him and he either gets to play with their SHL team or is loaned to the Allsvenskan.

Was surprised he lasted so long as he got a lot of coverage thanks to his points at the U18's.

I think he will spend a majority of the season in the SHL, considering the heavy losses that Skellefteå have suffered during the off-season. Likely some games in the juniors as well. Whats most important is that he gets to develop in a good environment in his own pace as there is not point in rushing him to NA, and Skellefteå is one of the better clubs in Sweden when it comes to developing prospects.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I think he will spend a majority of the season in the SHL, considering the heavy losses that Skellefteå have suffered during the off-season. Likely some games in the juniors as well. Whats most important is that he gets to develop in a good environment in his own pace as there is not point in rushing him to NA, and Skellefteå is one of the better clubs in Sweden when it comes to developing prospects.

Good info, thanks. The Red Wings definitely do not rush their prospects so he'll get plenty of time to develop in Sweden. Hakan comes through again! :yo:

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
We found another diamond in the dirt guys, the new tomas holmstrom in the system. he doesnt have holmstroms height but he has some weight lol. Anyone know about this guy?

Actually according to EliteProspects he's within 1 cm and 1 kg of Tomas Holmstrom so height's not a big deal for him.
Apparently he rode Nylander for most of last year, but I still like this pick.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Actually according to EliteProspects he's within 1 cm and 1 kg of Tomas Holmstrom so height's not a big deal for him.
Apparently he rode Nylander for most of last year, but I still like this pick.
They only played on the same team at the U18 tournament. Other than that he had his team's highest scoring pace at Skellefteå U20.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Axel Holmström ‏@axelholma 2m
Sick. Best birthday present ever, I will do whatever it takes to put that red & white jersey on. @DetroitRedWings

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Axel Holmström ‏@axelholma 2m
Sick. Best birthday present ever, I will do whatever it takes to put that red & white jersey on. @DetroitRedWings
Has to be a dream come true for most swedish players to be drafted by the Wings.

Don't know much about this kid but I'm glad to have another Holmstrom in the system :handclap:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
It is Kharma

Axel Holmstrom

National team Sweden

selected 196th

needs work on skating

(from eliteprospects)
Height: 184 cm / 6'0" Weight: 89 kg / 196 lbs

Birthyear: 06-29-1996

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
is he tomas' son?

if so, then its almost assured he will play here as he will work his tail off and have the right upbrining to be an nhl player

i wouldnt doubt if this pick become sour best of the 2014 draft

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Pretty decent start this season in the SHL: 11-2-6-8
Could be an other steal late round pick for the wings!

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Pretty decent start this season in the SHL: 11-2-6-8
Could be an other steal late round pick for the wings!

Now I'm not familiar at all with scoring in the SHL. What is considered a high scoring season for a player?

For instance, in the NHL if you're around a point per game you're considered a high scoring player. Is it the same in the SHL? It seems like the SHL is a lower scoring league.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
13/14 - 4 players above PPG.
12/13 - 3
11/12 - 2
10/11 - 2

30+(would be top 35 in 13/14, top 30 in 12/13 and you get the point..) and you've had a very good season as a forward. Production wise, anyway.

For very young players even as low as 15-20 is good.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Now I'm not familiar at all with scoring in the SHL. What is considered a high scoring season for a player?

For instance, in the NHL if you're around a point per game you're considered a high scoring player. Is it the same in the SHL? It seems like the SHL is a lower scoring league.

Yeah, SHL is a pretty low scoring leauge. Of course though, a skilled NHL scorer would tear it up. But this prospect does look interesting. Good pick at 196. Detroit's euro scouting is still good apparently.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Yeah, SHL is a pretty low scoring leauge. Of course though, a skilled NHL scorer would tear it up. But this prospect does look interesting. Good pick at 196. Detroit's euro scouting is still good apparently.

Many have tried, but no one have succed....

I wouldnt say detroit Detroit's euro scouting is good, they should have picked him earlier if it now was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad