OT: 1947 "Original Six Era" game used and team signed NY Rangers

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Hope it's ok to post the auction here. A great Ranger gift...or at least maybe fun to look at online..

1947 "Original Six Era" game used and team signed NY Rangers hockey stick. This was Cal Gardners stick. Has his name and number as well as all of the following signatures

Cal Gardner
Fred Shero
Bryan Hextall
Phil Watson
Bill Moe
Frank Eddolls
Eddie Kullman
Chuck Rayner
Eddie Slowinski
Neil Colville
Ott Heller
Edgar Laprade
Don Raleigh
Tony Leswick
Buddy O'Connor

All were on the Rangers Roster 1947-48. With the exception of Ott Heller who had retired the year before... My Dads guess is he was hanging with the guys and signed the stick when it was passed around.
Hard to make out but it looks like it was signed and given to the Bus driver. The stick has been well cared for, but shows all the normal signs one would expect from a used stick of this era. It has been in my family's possession for many years displayed in the TV room where we watch the games. Our new home just doesnt have the same space to make displaying the stick workable. Would like to sell it to fund summer camp for my son, so here it goes. Hard to put a price on something like this, I think the starting bid is fair and there will be No reserve.

Good luck... and LETS GO RANGERS!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252888623576?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pretty cool piece of Rangers history, would be an excellent addition to any man cave. Good luck with sale.

Dec 13, 2010
This is awesome, if you posted in the fall I probably would be bidding but money gets a little tighter this time of year unfortunately. Great piece.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I looked for my dad but he would hit me with it if he knew the price.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
It is a fun conversation piece. Its probably a one of a kind, but that's part of what makes it tricky to value. 1947 has some true Ranger legends, but there are also fewer people left who are old enough to have actually watched that team. My Dad did... miss him ... and we had some great talks about the stick.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It is a fun conversation piece. Its probably a one of a kind, but that's part of what makes it tricky to value. 1947 has some true Ranger legends, but there are also fewer people left who are old enough to have actually watched that team. My Dad did... miss him ... and we had some great talks about the stick.
That is really cool. My dad and I speak about the Rangers all the time. If his favorites (Prentice and Henry) were on the stick I might have broke the seal on my wallet. It is definitely a cool piece for someone with a Rangers mancave to own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad