Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Official Preview Link

Marge, it's those weird people in their red jerseys again...

From NP.com: Projected Lineups
|Nashville Predators|
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Kevin Fiala | Ryan Johansen | James Neal
Filip Forsberg | Mike Ribeiro | Calle Jarnkrok
Eric Nystrom | Mike Fisher | Craig Smith
Miikka Salomaki | Paul Gaustad | Cody Bass
Left Defense | Right Defense
Roman Josi | Shea Weber
Mattias Ekholm | Ryan Ellis
Barret Jackman | Anthony Bitetto
Starting Goaltender | Backup
Pekka Rinne | Carter Hutton

Extra: (D) Petter Granberg, Gabriel Bourque (IR; upper-body), (F) Colin Wilson (IR; lower-body), (F) Austin Watson.
Winger Gabriel Bourque (IR; upper-body) participated in Tuesday's morning skate but not line rushes. Forward Colin Wilson (IR; lower-body) skated alone prior to the session.

|Chicago Blackhawks|
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Andrew Shaw | Jonathan Toews | Marian Hossa
Artemi Panarin | Artem Anisimov | Patrick Kane
Andrew Desjardins | Phillip Danault | Teuvo Teravainen
Richard Panik | Dennis Rasmussen | Ryan Garbutt
Left Defense | Right Defense
Duncan Keith | Niklas Hjalmarsson
Erik Gustafsson | Brent Seabrook
Trevor van Riemsdyk | Michal Rozsival
Starting Goaltender | Backup
Corey Crawford | Scott Darling

Extra: (F) Brandon Mashinter, (D) Rob Scuderi, (F) Marcus Kruger.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That awkward moment when you kind of hope Hutton starts over Rinne and you wonder what the hell you're doing and how you got here.....

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
One would hope he's looked good in practice every day. Hopefully we weren't playing him when he looked like crap.

When I said good, I didn't just mean performance, but he also looked a bit happier today for some reason than I have seen him recently compared to warm ups before a game. It could have just been because it was practice vs pre-game idk, but his mood seemed different.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Your gonna be disappointed.

Doesn't surprise me, I've questioned some of Lavi's moves most of the season. Granted it's Hutton and the idea that he catches lightning twice is probably ask for a bit much. That said, Chicago is playing well right now, and with Pekka's play lately I'm not sure it is one that could make things worse.

Anyways, get a win please. I'm past caring if its pretty, ugly, done the right way, or just plain luck.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't think the starting goalie will make a huge amount of actual difference, I just like the idea of rewarding Hutton for coming up big last game. If Pekka was playing like his normal self I wouldn't say that, but since he's been playing like trash I don't see why not.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Man oh man, a win tonight would be

aP4kkEr7_700wa_0.gif

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We have had some of our best games vs the Hawks at Bridgestone so hopefully that trend will continue.

Going back a couple of years, we are 6-3 against Chicago at home, and in those 6 wins we are averaging almost 6 goals per game. (Scored 5+ five different times). And one of the losses was the 2OT playoff loss last year.

I actually like our chances more because of their long winning streak- it's gotta end sometime- they are due for a loss.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Score.
Score some more.
Protect your goaltender.
Score.
Watch out for trickery--6 men on the ice, for example.
Win and get 2 points in regulation.

Go Preds!

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You had to know that was going to happen. Lavy said Saturday that Hutton starting was just about giving Pekka a day off.

Hutton played lights out in a big division game and stole us that one. I would've ride Hutton now while he's hot.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Hutton played lights out in a big division game and stole us that one. I would've ride Hutton now while he's hot.

I wouldn't call it lights out or hot. To me it was more luck than anything else. Could have very easily been tied and went into OT. Hutton flopped around alot like a fish out of water and got extremely lucky.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wouldn't call it lights out or hot. To me it was more luck than anything else. Could have very easily been tied and went into OT. Hutton flopped around alot like a fish out of water and got extremely lucky.
I thought he played pretty well, but there were two saves that he got because he was blocking the net down low and his legs happened to be in the way of the shots, even though he was looking the other direction.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Let's be honest, Hutton isn't going to take us to the promised land. He played great and got a huge win (against a slumping team however), but we need Rinne to be Rinne first and foremost. This isn't a goalie controversy. Rinne needs every opportunity to regain his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad