Post-Game Talk: 19 games left

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mrazek didn't play good. Blash is an idiot for playing him on a back to back. He's played a lot coreau has to play sometime

Inb4 he plays when mrazek is rested enough

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Yup not much more can be said. Except a 19 game run is out of the question. Which is what would need to happen at this point just to get in.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Bettman called the Refs and told them to not, under any circumstances, penalize Edmonton Oilers for they have the golden one who must help sell NHL tickets.

NHL is becoming all about money and politics. Pathetic.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Bettman called the Refs and told them to not, under any circumstances, penalize Edmonton Oilers for they have the golden one who must help sell NHL tickets.

NHL is becoming all about money and politics. Pathetic.

It wasn't that bad. Only 2 penalties for Edmonton unless the site is wrong. Not like it was 5/0

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mrazek has no rebound control. Every shot on goal by Oilers, resulted in 4 more shots on goal because Mrazek just kicks the puck back out to the opposition. He's at the stage in his career where this shouldn't be a problem. But it is a HUGE problem. So big that he will/should never be a starter. Mrazek has proven he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NHL. Trade him.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Mrazek didn't play good. Blash is an idiot for playing him on a back to back. He's played a lot coreau has to play sometime

Inb4 he plays when mrazek is rested enough

Oh enough blaming Mrazek, If he was not in net the last 2 games would have been complete blow outs. We have no, not one first or second pair Dmen, And a AHL coach.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
He wasn't. Still didn't play good

:amazed: What? Scoring chances early in the 3rd were like 11-3. Several of those saves were highlight worthy. In many of these losses he's outplaying the opposing netminders by far, not sure what you expect.

Interesting Edmonton's top line wasn't nearly as dominant as their 3rd and 4th but baboom McDavid ends up with 2 points.

I enjoyed this more than last night, not sure why. The boys played pretty darn ok for a b2b. I've said since December the Wings best chance is playing great defensively and I think we're still seeing that type of defensive effort- not getting blown out 7-2 or something.

Blashill was pissed PG! IDK it seemed unwarranted calling out the young players. Z and the team are giving it their all it's just not enough. That's the way the 3 day old pop-tart you find in the toaster crumbles.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
:amazed: What? Scoring chances early in the 3rd were like 11-3. Several of those saves were highlight worthy. In many of these losses he's outplaying the opposing netminders by far, not sure what you expect.

Interesting Edmonton's top line wasn't nearly as dominant as their 3rd and 4th but baboom McDavid ends up with 2 points.

I enjoyed this more than last night, not sure why. The boys played pretty darn ok for a b2b. I've said since December the Wings best chance is playing great defensively and I think we're still seeing that type of defensive effort- not getting blown out 7-2 or something.

Blashill was pissed PG! IDK it seemed unwarranted calling out the young players. Z and the team are giving it their all it's just not enough. That's the way the 3 day old pop-tart you find in the toaster crumbles.

Because of his own rebounds. He can't hold the puck for a whistle. It looked highlight worthy except it was his own fault he was kicking the puck straight to Oiler players. :laugh:

If he has rebound control, the SOG aren't nearly this many. Mrazek is his own worse enemy.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
That is funny. You mentioned canning Mrazek, but then what? I'm sure we could all agree Howard was playing phenomenal... but it's become a fantasy imagining what would be if he was healthy. He's injured every season like clockwork. I wish Howard could be depended upon but he can't. May be Mrazek isn't the grand solution but Coreau certainly isn't. No easy answers but for the time being goaltending is probably the least of the Wings worries.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Petr Mrazek was absolutely the right decision. Jordan Eberle goal was weak, but he was solid throughout the game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Oh enough blaming Mrazek, If he was not in net the last 2 games would have been complete blow outs. We have no, not one first or second pair Dmen, And a AHL coach.

And yet he can still play like an elite goaltender as stats have shown. He didn't tonight. I'm probably one of the biggest mrazek defenders on here :laugh: so I don't see how I'm blaming mrazek alot

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That is funny. You mentioned canning Mrazek, but then what? I'm sure we could all agree Howard was playing phenomenal... but it's become a fantasy imagining what would be if he was healthy. He's injured every season like clockwork. I wish Howard could be depended upon but he can't. May be Mrazek isn't the grand solution but Coreau certainly isn't. No easy answers but for the time being goaltending is probably the least of the Wings worries.

Doesn't matter if coreau isn't an elite goalie or a starting goalie. Mrazek can't play an 82 game schedule no goalie can

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Goalies need to rest at some point. Back to backs are the perfect time

Why would you rest a rested Petr Mrazek for an AHL goaltender. The team has had a lot of rest and Mrazek has been hot. We have a back-to-back Tuesday-Wednesday. There you can throw in Coreau but you don't put Coreau in for both back-to-backs. As much as Mrazek has struggled this year, Coreau is a miserable .890% in 13 games.

Petr Mrazek let in a bad goal against Eberle, but was outstanding tonight. He's looking like the 23 year old Mrazek again and not that **** 24 year old. Still not over his benching in the BMO game. ****ing stupid.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Mrazek has no rebound control. Every shot on goal by Oilers, resulted in 4 more shots on goal because Mrazek just kicks the puck back out to the opposition. He's at the stage in his career where this shouldn't be a problem. But it is a HUGE problem. So big that he will/should never be a starter. Mrazek has proven he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NHL. Trade him.

With your eye for talent assesment, I've never been more certain about Mrazek becoming a top starter in the league.

Rebound control is a fairly easy attribute to work on, but the kind of athletism and natural talent Mraz possesses ain't.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
How dare anybody with any hockey credibility blame mrazek

The team is disgusting un front of him to allow so many chances in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
It's fine to doubt Mrazek, but Howard isn't the answer. His sv% was dropping steadily throughout the year and he's too injury prone and too old to be counted on as a #1.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It's fine to doubt Mrazek, but Howard isn't the answer. His sv% was dropping steadily throughout the year and he's too injury prone and too old to be counted on as a #1.

You mean his average sv% or just in general?

I don't think either is true based on his game log.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00