GDT: 19| Double Bubble Trouble|Game 2|11-22-2014|7:00pm|NVMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It was a terrible penalty. And who are the "old core" that needs shaking up? New coach? GM? Oh never mind. Just ugh, for the game and the HF commentary.

Moving Kunitz would be a start to waking this team the **** up. Dressing Borts over Scuds and Megna over Adams would too. Pretty much everyone is complacent. It's why they can't deal with adversity.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Crosby's taking like 10 second shifts now. Dude can't wait for this game to end.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Well it's settled then. Pens are going to win the Cup because they won a "meaningless game" in November against the Habs!!!:help:

You can't have it both ways. If a good game against a fast team in November isn't enough to conclude that the Penguins can handle a fast team then a bad game against a fast team in November isn't enough to prove that they can't handle a fast team.

I'm still not making any judgements about the Penguins under Johnston until at least 40 games in. They haven't looked good this weekend but we all expected some growing pains with the new coach and system. A few here are really over-reacting.

Catfishcol87

Nov 22, 2014
Is this Crosby 6 game where he hasn't put up a point. What going on with this team and division foes?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
the penguins ********* is an absolute joke. i was banned twice from there last year for saying glass and adams were bad hockey players. they don't stand for anything less than the penguins being the best team and every player on it being the best player

that place was on bylsma's dick through the playoffs last year. half the people didn't want him gone still

Shouldn't be too hard to find me on the main hockey one. :laugh:

I feel sorry for Greiss in this game, been left out to dry.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
The problem is that the Pens seem to have brains problem vs our division teams (NYI , PHI , NYR) that can't happen. See the big picture like you guys want, but who cares about the games vs the team who aren't our rivals/in our division?

Even if your big picture thing is valid, in the new playoff system you have to beat 2 of your division teams before even getting to your big pictures teams. Anyway, **** this game I guess.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
They're not playing better systematic hockey then Pitt, Capuano didn't become Babcock over the off-season, they got a faster, younger, and more skilled roster this year, and because Pitt is older and slower, they can't beat them. The Isles can get to puck's wrapped around the boards faster then Pitt's, they can afford to pinch their D more often because all 5 players on the ice are fast and can make up to for a bad pinch by back-checking faster then Pitt's forward's can attack. That's a roster issue, and no adjustment's by the coaches will fix it.

Also the compete level or willingness make the physical harder play to beat the opponent to free pucks is clearly in the Isles favor as well, and dissapointingly apparently I have to "troll" again to point out that this particular aspect is very prominently missing from Crosby, Malkin atleast "looks" like he's trying hard, and drew their only PP by driving the net hard.

This. And that. And this.

I don't want to hear a ****ing word about strategy. If you do, you have no clue what you're watching. None.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Moving Kunitz would be a start to waking this team the **** up. Dressing Borts over Scuds and Megna over Adams would too. Pretty much everyone is complacent. It's why they can't deal with adversity.

I always appreciate your thoughtful responses. I hear you brother.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Even if you lose you make sure the other team bleeds to beat you. That's how L.A. plays which is why they have 2 cups in 3 years.

Lol. Only team that would bleed is us. We are soft as baby**** and it would be well advised for this team not to start throwing dirty hits to an Islanders team that would kill us... Again.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Also the Isles defensemen the past 2 games have been relentless and more importantly accurate with their point shots, and they're not afraid to pull the trigger at any opportunity. And their forwards go to the front of the net for the rebounds, again the physical willingness to get to free pucks.

oops maybe they are just simply better

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA

Yeah, if tenure continues to outweigh production, then desire to play hard is reduced team wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad